Fuse tap / splitter

Makke

Reaction score
Country
Finland
How that fuse tap / splitter works?

orig_47016.jpg

If original fuse is for example 20A (and it's only available free fuse) and you want to take current to the dash cam and need to limit amps to 2A... Is it possible? There are two sockets to fuses. One is sure for original 20A fuse but what fuse you can put to the other socket? Is it separately from the original fuse so you can put 2A fuse which goes to dash cam?

And what is usually fuse tapper / splitter max amps?

Last edited:
I was worried about that too when installing my camera and just used two empty slots in my fuse bank; one circuit that was always on and one that came on with the ignition switch. I am using the power switch box from Blacksys.

Here's an image that should explain it.
$_57.JPG

New fuse ( 5 amp? ) for your dash cam goes inline with the red wire. The original fuse that you removed to plug the tap into goes into the slot next to the 5 amp. I asked the seller of some of these taps on ebay once and he told me that you can you use amp fuse in the original fuse slot. You can always test it by wiring the tap and grounding it. Then plugging the original fuse in only. If not, try flipping the fuse. Make sure that works right before you go ahead and plug your dash cam fuse in.

Right, so I am setting up a front and back cam in the ride. I picked up the Lukas battery saver thingy. The one I grabbed has two cigar ports on it.

I'd like to wire the Lukas gadget directly to the fuse box. It takes ground, battery and accessory wires as we know.

My question, does this sound proper? I have a late model Japanese ride that uses mini fuses.

Back