FW update failed

bpultorak

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello all!

I tried to update firmawe in my Dash Cam mini and all I have now is fast blinking green lights.
New sd card doesn't get folders (DCIM, Garmin etc), Garmin Express doesn't see the camera.

Is there anything I can do?

Cheers,
B

I got my cam on thursday. Turned it on and connected to the drive app. There was a new firmware update. so I updated the cam. then it just kept blinking green lights. talked to amazon, and they gave me a RMA for a new cam. I got the new cam today. but I did not update the firmware. Setup in the car and its working good with the old firmware.
flashing green lights mean updating firmware, but it never get finish. Can not be hard reset. do not recognize by the app or the garmin express on PC..
I would avoid updating the firmware at all cost.

The "Mini" is not one of Garmin's better cams so if it's working satisfactorily now I'd leave it alone.

Phil

Format the SD card?

Hello,

I got the same problem, I tried to update the firmware using the android app GARMIN DRIVE, since this update the dash cam is blocked with these green lights (1s the green mic LED, then both mic and card green LED flashing quickly during 4s).
Impossible to connect to the phone app GARMIN DRIVE neither to the laptop app GARMIN EXPRESS.

Does someone know how to fix this software issue instead of sending it back to the dealer? How to go back to the factory configuration?

Until now, I have tried to format the SD card (FAT32), without success...
Looking at the .xml file, it indicates version 7.60. Opening GARMIN EXPRESS, it indicates a version 7.90 available.

And the garmin support is totally absent and mute to my questions!!! Third time I need their help for software issues on two different devices, with exactly the same behavior from them. Seriously, what is this brand?!!

So...
I was tough, just after posting here I had a reply! Telling me to call the after sales...

Other info, another operation could be done, need to dowload GARMIN WebUupdater and try to flash the firmware with it.
Not successfull for me, the camera did not connect.

No solution: dash cam sent back to GARMIN for repair or exchange.
(little delay for this product at this moment: almost 2 months 8-| )

Garmin's company structure including warranty and support functions reflect it's long-established product lines before it started making dashcams. It's going to be different compared to the usual dashcam makers whose processes are streamlined and set up for only dashcams. Only them and some Korean cam makers seem to be inclined to do repairs rather than just replacing a faulty cam with a new one and that takes longer. But I agree- two months is excessive even when shipping is considered.

How a company handles after-sales service should always be considered when choosing a dashcam, and IMHO only a handful of dashcam companies do it well.

Phil

End of my problem: new cam received after 2 months... So I guess they are not able to fix this software issue in another way than replacing the cam.
FW 7.90 inside. I hope I will never have to update it again, I will keep it like that.
:rolleyes:

Also bought the Mini yesterday, then it wanted to update the firmware and that was the end of it.

End of my problem: new cam received after 2 months... So I guess they are not able to fix this software issue in another way than replacing the cam.
FW 7.90 inside. I hope I will never have to update it again, I will keep it like that.
:rolleyes:
I just bought the unit and did the update an now im stuck on green lights too :(( I was wondering if its possible for you to share the .xml file of the version7.90? i just need to know the the way its written. I might be able to switch the serial number inside the xml with my unit and make my unit work somehow. Thanks in advance :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Dash Cam Mini 7
Back