fw update issue?

mms1361

Reaction score
Country
United States
So yesterday i updated to FW 2.2 from FW 1.1

Im noticing a greater amount of "static" noise from the mic with the 2.2 update.
Picture quality seems worse? than before. Ive always thought the image was overexposed but now it seems like its worse. (not confirmed)
  1. Memory card was formated in camera prior to fw update.
  2. Camera was booted. Restored to defaults, then formatted again prior to testing.
  3. Camera is mounted to GPS unit but powered directly to side of camera.
I didnt save any clips prior to FW update but i do have this video clip so you can compare.
this was taken at 2k 60fps

Here is a clip from today. Also at 2k 60fps

You should have the horizon at about 50% image height, the difference in horizon between the two clips may explain the exposure difference.

Extra static from the mic maybe just the volume increased a bit, unless you have made changes to the power supply/HWK?

Thats what im thinking about the picture. I like the top picture better, which shows less dash. The mount position hasnt changed only the angle. I get mixed signals when looking up how much horizon to show. Lots say 1/3 but i guess ill try 50%.

As far as the mic goes, the only thing i can compare it to is that old video clip i have. But that one im moving 80mph and lots of wind/roadnoise.

Nothing was changed as far as power supply not where its being connected to the camera.

Lots say 1/3 but i guess ill try 50%.
Older cameras were better with 1/3rd, VIOFO cameras are all set up for around 50%

The audio noise should only be heard when things are quiet, the microphone is recording real noise inside the camera, it is not electronic noise.

Best results with the auto-exposure in dashcams usually happens when there is 40% to 50% 'sky' in the picture. Less sky may do fine, more rarely does. You may need to tweak your exposure setting when you change cam aim.

Phil

Front and rear cameras are not the same. Also yes, the camera angle is very low.

Back