FW Upgrade

It isn't on the website - there should be another one (further on than 17.9) I will post when I have it.

Thanks for link Tiffany. Do you know if there are any release notes?

Thanks Tiffany, all done but not tested yet.:D:D:D

Hi

LO.MOV: turned off and i still makes low res files but it names it HI.MOV insted? Still double clips....

Last edited:
So the next big thing, all models, is the EV levels in smaller increments, replacing -1, -2, -3 with -0.3, -0.5, -0.7, or not.

My 402 was dark, my 412 was bright to the point of washed out colours but the polarising filter helped. My 380 is bright on 0 but -1 is too dark. Unfortunately there is no filter for the 380 to tone it down a touch.

Judging by previous posts we mostly agree that a setting between 0 and -1 is needed.

Tiffany thanks for firmware link

Oh sorry - my apologies the front camera has become dark?

Could you send us in a file for us to take a look and help diagnose a little better?

It will be too large to send through an email so please use the service that www.wetransfer.com offer, you can send up to 2Gb to us free of charge.

Use our support@nextbase.co.uk as the recipient and please write in the message box to allow us to understand why you are sending the file in.

File uploading now....

Seems to be when the camera is facing INTO sunlight - all of a sudden the camera goes all dark - but you will see with the file I sent.

File uploading now....

Seems to be when the camera is facing INTO sunlight - all of a sudden the camera goes all dark - but you will see with the file I sent.

Just a camera thing, when the sun shines in the camera will automatically try to correctly expose the scene and with the sun as part of the scene it will reduce sensitivity thus darkening the rest of the scene. Only by sophisticated spot metering (way above the average dash cam) of a section of the scene could this be overcome, the sky and sun would burn out but at least keep the other parts of the scene from getting too dark. Pro digital cameras have these sorts of features - and the price tags to go with them.

To get the best out of this situation its usually bet to have around 70% road.

hello i got the 512gw rear cam updated to 21.6 ..how do i switch from pip to full screen for rear cam

Back