G force display in Replay 3 incorrect

Gyroscan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, wonder if anyone else has this problem, the G Force display in Replay 3 bottom right of the enclosed image appears to be out of cal. as its indicated position (green dot) is permanently fully right?
Is there an offset I can adjust to centre it? I am just a bit concerned as it may also be effecting something else?
Dashcam only 1 day old running R12.4 firmware.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 2017-12-31_12-46-48.jpg
    2017-12-31_12-46-48.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 22
Hello @Gyroscan

Yes - this bug happened after the last update and were just finishing testing the Beta version of the update for Replay 3 to fix this. If you like I can email this to you, please PM me your email address.

The camera is OK it's the way the software is interpreting the G-Sensor data on the 412GW.

I'm so sorry if its causing any frustrations in the mean time, just to reiterate the camera is fine - just the software.

Hello @Gyroscan

Yes - this bug happened after the last update and were just finishing testing the Beta version of the update for Replay 3 to fix this. If you like I can email this to you, please PM me your email address.

The camera is OK it's the way the software is interpreting the G-Sensor data on the 412GW.

I'm so sorry if its causing any frustrations in the mean time, just to reiterate the camera is fine - just the software.

Hi, thanks for the very quick response, it's only a small issue, not too frustrating I was just a bit worried it may, may have been an camera fault, but thats fine, now I know, it's no longer an issue.
many thanks

I too have this problem, would very much appreciate a copy of the beta version please. I will PM you, Tiffany. Thanks in advance.

Was going to write to say my Gforce has the same problem but I have just used Replay 3 and it’s updated itself to a new version that corrects the G force problem :)

402 as well, that's handy. Although I tend to use WMP for the 402 and VLC for the 412

VLC is fantastic - especially when trying to get registrations/small details.

Try out your 402G in the Replay 3 to see if you like it @Kremmen

No problem, I've got loads of saved footage.
Just let me get decorating out of the way first :)

What have I done ?

Every trip I start a clip in Replay 3 (3.4.1 and 3.6.3 tested) it instantly removes the GPS map and the sensor info. They show when I start Replay but instantly disappears when I start running the clip. The clip(s) are showing my lat/long in the bottom bar perfectly so there is positional info for it to read.

It used to work

Last edited:
That isn't supposed to happen!

Can you We Transfer the files over so I can send to software developer to check?

@NextBase Tiffany

PM sent.

As soon as I play any file this:

L6iseV7.jpg

Turns to this:

SPgsHgA.jpg

Yes just seen thank you so much - what firmware is the 402G on?

This is the 412 and that's on 9.5

It does the same for the 402 as well though

Just realised that, I thought you meant the 402G.

That definitely shouldn't be happening, will be in touch once I've downloaded.

Nope, all my saved files, 402 and 412 do the same trick.

It used to work OK.

No idea when it started as I tend to use Firefox as that works superbly in both clarity and smoothness, even better than VLC.

Shelve it and I'll wait for the firmware with lo file removal option and test again.

Ta

Update, I think I know what it is.

The 402 clips show the sensor info in your old Driver Recorder Player but not the maps:

QAYI6bt.jpg

But ....... Firefox Quantum v57 (and above) seem to block a required JavaScript API:

9WFCBRE.jpg

and this is what happens to a 412 clip under the old DRP:

OhmBTao.jpg

Do the 402G files should play in Replay 3? Not driving recorder player.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D 412GW 3
Back