G force display in Replay 3 incorrect

402 clip under Replay 3:

QV339iU.jpg

It plays but no sensor or map.

I'm going to see if I can temporarily divert the browser to IE

Nope, Javascript is enabled under FF 57 and Google Maps works perfectly in it as a direct link.

Must try a few other tricks.

Can you pop me over the 402G file? The 412GW is due to 9.5.

Sent

Fired up another PC that has Chrome as its default browser and I can confirm the browser isn't the issue, so 9.5 it is then.

It used to work but now doesn't so I'm now not sure that 9.5 has any bearing. Fortunately I have a saved Edit clip so I've reproduced the same clip exactly.

08XIEmX.jpg

4n3VKs7.jpg

= my head hurts

The Replay 3 edit routine has the option to remove Map & Sensor data, which seems to be doing exactly that when using it normally.

No its been updated to 3.6.3 - but tested on the latest version of firmware 12.4.

I've forwarded it to the software developer to fix, thank you for the files.

Thanks

Definately a strange one. I even uninstalled 3.6.3 and reinstalled 3.4.1 but that doesn't work either now. I removed the /appdata/ leftovers that Windows uninstall didn't touch before going to 3.4.1 but I didn't check the registry.
On monday I'm going to see what's what.
What I can't remember is what version of Replay I had in late Sep. Was it 3.4.1 or was there a CD in the box I used ?

Answers on a postcard.....

There have been a few updates, more Than likely 3.4.1 as it was on that version for quite some time.

Thanks

I have only ever had Replay 3.4.1 and 3.6.3 afaik
I uninstalled 3.6.3, removed the /appdata/ stuff and reinstalled 3.4.1 but the issue remains. Looking at my examples, it definately used to work and I only ever didn't have firmware 9.5 for one day.
I put 9.5 on the day I got the 412 so something or some setting has got in that is doing exactly what that Edit feature allows and is killing off the sensors and map. What does that option do would be useful, registry flag / file & setting ?
Maybe my 402 clip will help diagnose.

When I play that previously saved edited file from Sep it plays perfectly OK under 3.6.3 with map and sensors. But the original donor file now removes map and sensors.

I've retreived the box CD and I'll see what Replay version is on that and give it a whirl, Monday.

Failing that I'll have a dig in the registry to see if any remnants are being left behind by Windows Uninstall.

Don't go mad on this just for me as I use FF to play my clips. It's just something I've got my teeth into.

Fixed

All uninstalled, /Appdata/ removed, registry checked. There were a few entries, all removed, but the only one of interest was one in the muiCache. All the others seemed to just be pointers to both 3.4.1 and 3.6.3

Reinstalled 3.4.1 - all OK. Let it update to 3.6.3, all still OK (files created under firmware 9.5).

Rebooted, checked again, all OK, map and sensors working.

However, the 402 will play on both 3.4.1 and 3.6.3 but with no map or sensors.

Last edited:
HI.
Just joined having found this comment through a search engine.
I have a 212 with R28 (latest) firmware and the replay shows the very same error , no gforce data ,I know maps will not work as unit is not gps enabled ,but I would have hoped the gforce scale might have.
Paul.

.... and this morning it's broken again :-(

I give in !

I wonder how many others are having this issue.

I've done loads of testing and 3.4.1 and 3.6.3 are both doing the same.

When uninstalled and cleaned, then reinstalled they fully work for a while for the 412 (9.5 firmware created files).

The scenario is that I can switch between 412 and 402 and Replay switches in/out the map and sensors OK as the 402 always turns them off. But, at some point, it will randomly turn off the map and sensors completely, never to return. I've had it fail after a 402 file and also after a PC reboot. It's random.

Tiffany has my 412 and 402 files for the developers.

One other thing I've noticed is that when the 412 won't display the map and sensors the 'help' dropdown box, often doesn't.

Last edited:
Mine is much the same ,sensors disappear on playback (maps to but 212 is not gps).
I even tried the DOD software , sensors stay on screen but don't register anything.
Have you tried the DOD playback software ?.

To be honest I rarely use Replay, I'm trying to help out NB diagnose the issues. What I can't find is the 'flag' and the cause that stops the map and sensors from a file that previously worked.

I find the best player for smoothness, clarity and colour to be Firefox. Firefox (currently on v 58.0.1) just works, even VLC has some grain and stutter issues at times.

Let us hope the issue / problem is identified by NB and they manage to correct it .
I play mine in windows media player ,yes there is a bit of stutter ,and not as clear as I would hope ,but it seems to play fine on the TV direct from memory card.
Perhaps I'm expecting too much from the cam ,first cam I've had so nothing to compare it to.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D 412GW 3
Back