G-force sensor settings

John Whiting

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi, I am wondering if there are any cameras on the market that you can set the g-force sensor specifically using a numerical value? I use dash cams for research and therefore need to be able to set the g-force sensor more accurately than the usual low, medium, high.
Thank you!

no, some list them in G value but there's no way for an end user to confirm the calibration of the sensor to a specified value

no, some list them in G value but there's no way for an end user to confirm the calibration of the sensor to a specified value
Thank you, currently I use Lukas LK-7700 Pro dash cams which allow a customisation of the g-force value to any numerical value. I am hoping to find other models that also allow this but as you said I haven't seen any others yet.

there's no real way for an end user to know the calibrated value, some software can read the values recorded but how accurate that is or if it's accurate enough for your purpose would be hard to say

When i for a short while used that stuff on my LK-7500 i found that even the low setting was far too sensetive for Danish streets and my driving.
So in the lukas viewer i looked at the values i got in my day to day drive, and then i entered custom values in luaks viewer according to those readings.
But to be honest after a while i just found that stupid as i record all the time anyway, and there is no doubt if i have been hit while driving.

Back