Dongle Type: Playback and settings on a smartphone, automatic firmware upgrade

Permanent Power
Low voltage cut-off and boot voltage settings

Audio
Speaker (Statement alarm and 34 voice guidance), built-in Mic

Video / Audio Compression
H.265 (40% less data size than H.264) / ADPCM

G-sensor
Triaxial acceleration sensor (recording by an external impact)

GPS
External GPS antenna (synchronized with Google Maps to determine location and speed)

Storage
Micro SD 8GB - 512GB (Recommended type - MLC, Class10) SD card data restoration

Recording
Normal mode, even(impact) mode, parking mode (motion detection), voice record

Power
DC 12V ~ 24V, about 4.5W based on 12V, Support OBD II power supply

Temperature and Humidity
Operating temperature: -20~60°C
On parking mode: -30°C~80°C, Humidity: 10~95%

PC Viewer
Win7, Win8, Win10(32Bit~64Bit) supported

Cloud
withCLOUD®-Web supported

Official Website: https://www.g-on-the-road.com/gon/

Driving Footage Day:

Driving Footage Night:

withCLOUD® Introduction:

Contact
America: Peter Lee, smlee@gnetsystem.com
Europe & Japan: SJ Kim, sj_kim@gnetsystem.com
Asia & the Middle East & Africa: Seongju Kim, sjk@gnetsystem.com

Last edited:
Reactions: EGS
I tried to get a G-on to test as it was offered, but then suddenly that was denied, and the post in here was also wiped.
Talked to someone named Martin Koo at the company back in February last year.

I tried to get a G-on to test as it was offered, but then suddenly that was denied, and the post in here was also wiped.
Talked to someone named Martin Koo at the company back in February last year.
Sorry for your inconvenience.
If you are still interested in testing G-ON, please contact us via info@gnetsystem.com. Thank you.

As far as what I see:

Writing on front cam is too visible from outside of car, Lens housings too shiny. Front form factor maybe too big? Rear form factor nice but mounts only one way. Can't see any heat vents on top, looks like enough of them on bottom. Mounting slots properly aligned so a button push does not dismount the cam. 90 degree rotating plugs on top are excellent. Buttons look like they can be found by feel, very good that. Recording and GPS indicator lights are easy to see, very good that too.

Overall a nice looking cam with the important things well-placed, just not as discreet as I prefer but most Korean cams are worse than this. Waiting on personal vids to see image quality in real life.

Phil

It's slightly larger than the A119V3, but not as thick. Rear camera is a nice size, but the camera cannot be removed from the mount, which seems like a design oversight.

I was sent a sample last summer by Martin, who I don't believe works there anymore. I had some video samples, but I cannot seems to find them. Looks like I deleted them. I do have one short video from the front camera, so I'll upload it to Dropbox at some point this weekend and post a link.

IMG_2127.jpg

I would be interested in hearing how people got on with the G-on camera. i have not gotten a RPLY to the mail i sent to Gnet.
Someone from abroad or at least some strange phone number did call me, but i do not pick up on unexpected calls from far away, maybe it was gnet, though why not RPLY on my mail.

And why haven't we heard if people had camera since last summer ? or is it just me that missed something.

The link below is a video sample from the front G-ON. It's only about 30 seconds long and if I remember correctly, 30 seconds is only option for file lengths. GNET sent me this setup last summer and the only reason I never posted anything here on DashCamTalk was because I found the video quality to be quite poor. I originally thought I may have a bad unit, but I sent the sample below to GNET and they confirmed that this was the expected quality. I was hoping to find other videos to compare mine to, but I could never find anything, which I though was odd. If anyone else has one, I would love to see it.

GNET is supposedly making a 4K camera, which I think will look similar to the G-ON and I'm looking forward to testing that one.

G-ON Dropbox link.

Yikes :eek: Definitely low IQ. Might be acceptable in a $30 cam but not this one :(

Phil

Reactions: Mtz
I wouldn't say it looks out of the ordinary for a Korean camera, they've always put priority on features over performance
I sometimes wonder if they put more weight on a cam's visual appearance that it's video's appearances. It's as if they figure you see the cam more often than you see the files or something. I can't understand the approach but I do notice this trend in their cams. The new 4K cam mentioned may have good vid IQ but TBH I'm not expecting it.
Waiting to see on that ;)

Phil

Reactions: EGS
The link below is a video sample from the front G-ON. It's only about 30 seconds long and if I remember correctly, 30 seconds is only option for file lengths. GNET sent me this setup last summer and the only reason I never posted anything here on DashCamTalk was because I found the video quality to be quite poor. I originally thought I may have a bad unit, but I sent the sample below to GNET and they confirmed that this was the expected quality. I was hoping to find other videos to compare mine to, but I could never find anything, which I though was odd. If anyone else has one, I would love to see it.

GNET is supposedly making a 4K camera, which I think will look similar to the G-ON and I'm looking forward to testing that one.

G-ON Dropbox link.
Wow...that is rubbish. I've have one of these installed since Sept last year and apart from the tape giving way...which seems pretty common from what I've heard, I 've not had any issues with it at all, including the video quality. The Wi-Fi range is very good and stable while you're in range, the GPS is very accurate and the range for the sensors in parking mode are very good...almost too good for mine. They pick up movement from around 30 metres which just means a lot of useless files to sift through if you're looking for something specific. A couple of files attached...1 front cam and one from the rear cam which, I've noticed after uploading... are just as bad as yours. Conversion from HEVC perhaps? There is absolutely no pixelation or stuttering in the originals. The Mega downloads are better but still not as clean as the originals.

Cheers

Dropbox
Mega link

Last edited:
Wow...that is rubbish. I've have one of these installed since Sept last year and apart from the tape giving way...which seems pretty common from what I've heard, I 've not had any issues with it at all, including the video quality. The Wi-Fi range is very good and stable while you're in range, the GPS is very accurate and the range for the sensors in parking mode are very good...almost too good for mine. They pick up movement from around 30 metres which just means a lot of useless files to sift through if you're looking for something specific. A couple of files attached...1 front cam and one from the rear cam which, I've noticed after uploading... are just as bad as yours. Conversion from HEVC perhaps? There is absolutely no pixelation or stuttering in the originals. The Mega downloads are better but still not as clean as the originals.

Cheers

Dropbox
Mega link
how are you viewing them where they look good compared to the versions that you uploaded?

how are you viewing them where they look good compared to the versions that you uploaded?
5KPlayer on a 42 inch 1080 Panasonic I use as a monitor. The difference is very noticeable when compared with the uploaded version. Clarity is also probably a little better when playing directly from the card through the GNET PC viewer app but it's not a huge difference. You use the PC viewer for GPS data and snapshots etc.
Either way, the uploaded files are quite poor in comparison. Rego numbers (license plate) details are legible at the distance you'd need them to be and as I mentioned, no pixelation or stutter. I don't think you can really pick out the numbers on the plates in the uploads.

Cheers

5KPlayer on a 42 inch 1080 Panasonic I use as a monitor. The difference is very noticeable when compared with the uploaded version. Clarity is also probably a little better when playing directly from the card through the GNET PC viewer app but it's not a huge difference. You use the PC viewer for GPS data and snapshots etc.
Either way, the uploaded files are quite poor in comparison. Rego numbers (license plate) details are legible at the distance you'd need them to be and as I mentioned, no pixelation or stutter. I don't think you can really pick out the numbers on the plates in the uploads.

Cheers
are the files you uploaded something you exported rather than just the files copied directly off the memory card?

Back