G sensor and motion detection settings

carmy

Reaction score
Country
Australia
hi there, new member first time posting! this might be a really stupid question but, if i turn off the motion sensor will the G sensor impact recording still work if my car gets hit while in parking mode? the motion detection is so sensitive it is literally being set off by everything. i park on a very bust street during the day and within an hour it has run so many recordings that it reaches the low vault cut off and stops. i am really more concerned about my car being damaged while i'm not in it and don't need the motion detection if i can turn it off without affecting the G sensor. i can't find any information about this anywhere else. cam is the Lukas LK7950 Duo wifi model

thanks!

it still remains on to work so if it's turning off in an hour now that's unlikely to change much at all

not quite sure what you mean but there is an option to turn off the motion sensor. the sensor detects things constantly and is basically recording the whole time the car is off which is why its turning off, the car battery gets to its cut off point. if the motion detection is turned off that won't happen...question remains, can the G sensor work if the motion detection is not active. if only the G sensor is active it will obviously only run if it detects an impact so should not run the battery down in theory?

it has to remain on for this to work, standby or recording the power consumption difference is very minimal

Ok i get you...it must not be normal then for it to cut off so early. I don't know how old the battery in my car is, bought the car second hand. If the battery is old would it make a big difference if i got a new one? 1 hour in parking mode is not very practical if i am parked at the shops for 2 hours and someone hits me in the second hour!

Currently set to cut off at 12.4v/24.8v. It was set at 12.1v/24.2 but i noticed my car lagged slightly when i started it after it being off for the day (atwork) or in the mornings

set at 12.4v would see it cutoff within an hour or so, your battery probably rests at around 12.5v at key off so it doesn't take long

So i don't understand...why is hard wiring so good if the cars battery can't run the camera practically while in parking mode?? My main reason for wanting the dash cam was for parking mode :(

parking model is a double edged sword, personally I don't believe the pros outweigh the cons but accept that some people do like it

parking model is a double edged sword, personally I don't believe the pros outweigh the cons but accept that some people do like it
I'm dismayed that this issue and others, have gone "un-resolved" so long. Where is Lukas support? Do they have a deaf eye regarding their product issues?

I had a quick look through the forum last night and was reading about these power bank things...if i want parking mode it looks like i will have to get one of those to solve the problem.

Well, if you afraid of cutting off power dued to many people passing around your car. You can set the sensitivity of rear and front motion sensor, or just go to purchase any external battery pack (LK-530/570) for the LUKAS. LK530/570 can supply more time spending to the dash cameras (8hours/12hours), also low voltage cutoff as well.

You can check out the info of 530/570 in our website first and check out more in other places, with the installation guide in our page.

http://www.witnessautocam.com/collections/battery-packs

what issues are you referring to?
These are issues I had:
1) WIFI Configuration Changes don't work, recommend using viewer.
2) Not Displaying Longitude information data in viewer.
3) Small corrupted files
4) Event file does not display any values for Driving Shock Sensitivity values.
5) Parking mode motion too sensitive, can't adjust down enough.
6) Viewer pauses on some computers, code probably not optimized.
7) I had problems triggering g-shock in parking mode while in my garage, same could occur in a parking structure of a building. Sam said it needs to acquire satellites to work, not sure.
8) Other postings in the 7950 section...
Perhaps my real issue is there seems to be no mechanism to feed issues/problems to Lukas for review/feedback.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S LK-7950 5
U LK-7950 14
Reeltripp LK-7950 7
Back