G-Sensor Data Recorded?

iamreal2

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Could anyone please confirm if VIOFO dashcams now records G-Sensor data to the footage? My current A119 doesn't seems to have that visible through Dashcam Viewer or RegistratorViewer (DATAKAM Viewer) and I am looking at buying A129 Duo IR (now leaning towards the Blackvue DR750S-2CH DR900S-2CH despite the hefty price tag.)

I remember when I was using A118, G-Sensor data was logged to files and I can view that in RegistratorViewor. I am wondering if VIOFO has decided to stop logging the G-Sensor data in the new product line?

Blackvue does record this information and you can even adjust the threshold for triggering events through settings software. See attached images from Blackvue DR750S-2CH user manual.

Blackvue-DR750S-2CH-G-Sensor-Graph.jpg

Blackvue-DR750S-2CH-G-Sensor-Threshold-Setting.jpg

Could anyone please confirm if VIOFO dashcams now records G-Sensor data to the footage? My current A119 doesn't seems to have that visible through Dashcam Viewer or RegistratorViewer (DATAKAM Viewer) and I am looking at buying A129 Duo IR (now leaning towards the Blackvue DR750S-2CH DR900S-2CH despite the hefty price tag.)

I remember when I was using A118, G-Sensor data was logged to files and I can view that in RegistratorViewor. I am wondering if VIOFO has decided to stop logging the G-Sensor data in the new product line?

Blackvue does record this information and you can even adjust the threshold for triggering events through settings software. See attached images from Blackvue DR750S-2CH user manual.

View attachment 48045

View attachment 48046
While you're asking, Altitude and GPS speed accuracy would be nice too.

Not that I can tell.

I lodged a ticket with VIOFO. Wasn't an easy process. Very slow response. They said it is recorded and I need to use Dash Cam viewer. I then told them I am using Dash Cam Viewer paid edition and once you load the footage the G-senor data tab in the plot area dissappears - which means there's no G-sensor data in the footage. I asked them to confirm. They started saying they can give me a discount and dodged my question in all... Very weird... They eventually gave me a link to Aliexpress for a sale starting in '3 days' and the prices is higher then what I could get from local distributors here in Australia. Bit of waste of time. Not quite happy with their customer support.

Back