G sensor settings

WinWiz

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
With all g sensor settings at 1 my 750x plus frequently detects (false) impacts while I'm driving. I hate false alarms (or events in blackvue terms) so I have set the g sensor settings to 0 while driving. But I'm wondering if 0 actually disables the g sensor -so the cam will not create an event if I actually crash while driving?

All these false events while driving and parked makes me feel like this dashcam was wasting money :-(

Turning the setting to 0 does disable the g-sensor.

Ok. I hope it is possible to have one or two of the g sensor directions at 1 without triggering events every day. Guess I will have to experiment with the settings...
Why is the sensor so sensitive and what do other users do? I don't think the suspension in my car is spectacular stiff. And the roads I normally drive are fine without serious potholes.

Most of our customers do set the g-sensor in continuous recording to very low numbers (1-2). BlackVue's system, along with most dash cam companies, is definitely sensitive and the reasoning is that the dash cam should rather record something than potentially miss out on something important.

But if most customers use 1-2 (in the range 0-9) a range like 0.1-4.0 would make more sense.
I understand that high sensitivity could be beneficial in parking mode. But while driving I don't think anyone wants the dashcam to register events just from hitting a mosquito.
I kind of understand the better safe than sorry policy but the cam does record constantly while driving. So "driving events" are mainly important for serious incidents where the driver might not be able manually save the recording.
When installing home alarmsystems avoiding false alarms is very important. If you keep shouting wolf for reason -no one believes you when the wolf finally appears!
It would not surprise me if the relatively high minimum sensitivity is really a hardware limitation.

Back