G sensors

Lockzie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, me again....

How do the G sensors work in this cam please? I have them turned on in the settings but nothing happens, even on high setting!

Many thanks
Amanda

Last edited:
The G-Sensor triggers the camera to protect the current segment being recorded should an impact occur. It then gets saved into a separate RO (read-only) folder. Each customer chooses which setting they like, I have g-sensor off because I know that I will definitely remove the file before its overwritten. Anything above "Low" will cause too many false triggers I think.

Surely its better to have g-sensor on in parking mode? Not really ideal to watch thru hours of footage to find out what happened to your car. Also you might not notice damage straght away and by the time you realise you have a small dent on your car the footage could be overwritten.

With light "hit and run" (scratch, etc. ) even high sencitivity g-sensor will not work. In those cases time lapse parking monitoring is most practical solution in my opinion.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Really? I was under the impession that G-seosors are usualy too sensitive. Not from experience. Havent testes it on my SG yet.

Really? I was under the impession that G-seosors are usualy too sensitive. Not from experience. Havent testes it on my SG yet.
I have it set to 'low' on both my DC and X2 and have not yet had a single event triggered.

Whats the default setting for g-sensor on sg663dc?

Whats the default setting for g-sensor on sg663dc?
I believe it's set to 'low' from the factory.

The sensitivity is radically different between camera brands/models. My first dash cam was a G1W-B also set to low and it never triggered an event either. However the CF-100 in my wife's car will trigger with the slightest bump.

Last edited:
mines set to medium and never had a triggered event yet. yet my SGZC12RC is set to medium and im always getting it triggered daily, normally when i turn a corner fast or go around a round about fast

Back