G1w 2017 ( Gs108)

Marantz

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hello members .:)

I have a problem with G1w dvr . i think it is newest relese of camera coz its working green main board called H200+ m5 v 5.2 with battery . Came in orange and white box with name black box.

My dvr stuck/freeze on green welcome screen(see video). That happens after firmware downgrade what i recive from seller (podofo) , oryginal firmware was from 2017 , that what i recive is called H200_0330_DA380_20160613 .

I try instal other firmwares but always its stop on first screen .

What is the newest loader for that PCB model ? Can someone provide loader and firmware from 2017 Please.

Thank you for any help or try :)

Last edited:
Was the card inside the camera, in the video?

Honestly , I don't mamber , but thats happens with and without card in side DVR .

Last edited:
How long have you had the cam and why did you change the firmware from the original install?

From march , i downgrade firmware coz on oryginal one can hear wavy sound on records

From chines seller i recive firmware , after update only welcome screen show up and nothing else . he cant help me .

Last edited:
From march , i downgrade firmware coz on oryginal one can hear wavy sound on records

From chines seller i recive firmware , after update only welcome screen show up and nothing else . he cant help me .
If he can't help you then I'm afraid nobody elese can. I, for one, have never seen any H200 board or firmware before.

New Viofo G1WH working on that / identical PCB is called H200+ M5 V5.1

its same procesor Novatek 96650 and sensor is aptina AR 0330 like on older G!W series .

About seller : he state is the newest firmware what he got , but in my camera was firmware from 2017 so i have hope in forum like that some one can help me .

Which SD card are you using and have you checked it with h2testw?

Phil

I use two SD cards , first one samsung evo plus 16 Gb and yes i do check it in h2test 1.4 its show results : Writing speed 12.8 MB /s and reading 65.1 MB/s
Other one is class 6 8 GB card i got it with mobile , that one was not checket yet .

Which SD card are you using and have you checked it with h2testw?

Phil
It doesn't matter much what card it is since the camera won't start with or without it in. ;)

It seems the firmware the seller sent wasn't appropriate for that camera.

No ,G1w-S use sony IMX 323 optic , G1WH use Aptina Ar 0330 .
I know, I have one, but I don't know of any new G1W-H made by Viofo.

I would have another go at re-installing firmware

I would have another go at re-installing firmware
I try it allready couple times the same results welcome screen show up and thats all , only on firmware from DOD LS388W after first screen im able to choose language english or chinese , when i chose any dvr is stuck . But thats mean is not bricked coz accept other firmwares , i just need correct one to that model .

Last edited:
Did you solve the problem with the firmware? Do not tell exactly how?

I really do not know why this camera is being purchased. It was an ok camera at the time of the first released. Still had problems. Time has moved on and there are other cameras out there which are much better.

Back