G1W Battery Replacement

liveinxs

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius ActionCam, Front, Rear and both Sides
hello,

i am new here and was wondering, if anyone knows , if there is a Capacitor, that can be fitted into the G1W, in place of the battery..

also if there is a Capacitor, a link would be appreciated...

i know they make a G1W-C, but i have this one now, and ran out of time to send it back..

Thanks

Be aware that the G1W (and it's brothers) do not seem to be maintenance-friendly. I tried to replace the battery myself, but damaged something on the logic board, rendering my G1WH unusable now. I was very careful not to damage anything, but unfortunately I did. See my thread: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/g1wh-acts-weird-after-replacing-battery.7423/ .

Not that I want to discourage you to replace the battery, but just as a warning as what might happen.

Back to your actual question, I have not seen any dedicated capacitors for the G1W. I might be wrong, but you should be able to use any capacitor as long as they fit and produce the required amount of voltage and current. There might also be a small chance the board and/or firmware must be compatible with a capacitor. For example, my G1WH stopped recording 10 seconds after the power was disconnected, which is much longer than any capacitor of this size can supply power for.

hello,

yes, thanks for your help. it does appear that the G1W really isn't something you can mod, thats why i am going to replace it with the Mobius, which seems to be the cam to have..

hello,

yes, thanks for your help. it does appear that the G1W really isn't something you can mod, thats why i am going to replace it with the Mobius, which seems to be the cam to have..
No problem! I have done the same thing after my G1WH died. The Mobius is much more maintenance-friendly.

Back