G1W-C doesn't play the files that are less than the minimum recording:

bigguy4u

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a g1w-Cb and it has great quality and sound but one of the bad parts about it is that the files that terminate when the car turns off are somehow corrupted . As you can see in the link the complete files which I have set at 3 minute intervals are roughly 300 mb but the smaller files like any time before shutting off the car are un-readable. This is a dealbreaker to be honest because I don't like to constantly fiddle with the dash cam and just want it to turn on with the car and vice versa. Are there any ways to remedy this? If not, i might have to go for another dashcam because worst case scenario this might not capture an impact that cuts the battery etc. etc.dashcam.PNG

Another issue is that the camera sometimes doesnt automatically turn on, half the time it turns on with the car the other half times I have to manually press power button. It's too inconsistent in this regard.

Sorry for the rant/complaint. I'm just curious about other G1W-C user's experiences

Has it always done this?... or is it something that's started recently?

I sounds like the capacitor is failing/has failed as that is the repository for the power needed to save the last file when power is removed from the camera.

Back