G1W-C last file corrupt

I am having some locking up issues with my new g1wc running 2013.1112.18 firmware. I bought it from Gearbest. I was thinking of reflashing either the current firmware or new firmware, maybe the 2014 version posted here.

Are there any issues with doing this? Do different suppliers use specific firmware so that the 2014 might not be compatible with my camera?

Thanks

You
I am having some locking up issues with my new g1wc running 2013.1112.18 firmware. I bought it from Gearbest. I was thinking of reflashing either the current firmware or new firmware, maybe the 2014 version posted here.

Are there any issues with doing this? Do different suppliers use specific firmware so that the 2014 might not be compatible with my camera?

Thanks

Maybe you can contact the seller and ask for latest firmware. If the seller didn't have any solution, then it's your choice to use my firmware.

There's many other members try my firmware with success. But I don't guarantee you that it won't brick your camera. So always do it with your own risk.

I got last file corrupt w/my 8gig class 6 microsd.
got the microcenter 32gig class 10. no longer having that problem. can view last file on my computer.

just to test, I put back the 8gig class6. last file corrupt.

either higher Class solved my problem and/or the microcenter sd is better?
I had problem *.MOV files not playable, someone posted solution elsewhere (not here) by simply playing the unplayable MOV in the G1W dashcam then play it in your PC or any device that plays MOV. It worked for me.

Personally I won't accept that from a dashcam. What if I need that clip to prove something? But it's your call.

I had problem *.MOV files not playable, someone posted solution elsewhere (not here) by simply playing the unplayable MOV in the G1W dashcam then play it in your PC or any device that plays MOV. It worked for me.
Update the firmware. I've post it on another thread

Update the firmware. I've post it on another thread
Could you mind to copy your thread here? so we can get a direct eye on your work to figure it out!

I have the same last file corrupt. I thought maybe the capacitors were undersized, so.I opened the case to see what's inside. Mine originally had a 5.5V 1.5F (farad) capacitor. It had failed and leaked so it only partially had enough storage. I replaced it with a 5.5V 2F capacitor; figured the extra half farad would help. Even at 2F, the last file still corrupts. I'm going to try swapping my SanDisk Class 10 that I got from Best Buy for the Transcend card and see what happens.

Follow up to my above post. Transcend card made no difference. Unable to play the corrupted file in the dashcam....doesn't even show in the list. Last file appears on card but comes up corrupted on the pc. 2015 firmware installed. New caps are providing plenty of shutdown time power.

Back