G1W-C settings, a bit confused

Neuralgia

Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica
Guys, I'm not sure how to set the Frequency (50 or 60hz) and the G-Sensor.

Youtube reviews got me confused. The same camera and different recommendations.

I live in Costa Rica, and we use NTSC, if that's important.

Thanks,

Dan

Needs to be set to whatever the AC power is in your country, it's to stop flicker in the picture from AC powered light sources

Ok, got it, 60Hx then.

What about the G-Sensor? What does this change?

And btw, do I have to manually erase the videos once in a while, or does the camera just record over the oldest file?

G-Sensor can automatically write protect files in case of impact

As long as you have the camera set to recycle it will overwrite the oldest file once full, any files that are write protected either by the G-Sensor trigger or ones you have manually saved will not be overwritten during the recycle process

I haven't found any settings that allow this "recycling", but I'll try to look around for it.

Now I understand the G-Sensor settings. Thanks.

Maybe it´s the firmware, I have 2013.1112.18.

Is there any real advance un upgrading firmwares?

I'm not even sure I have an original G1W-c, it works OK, video looks great (I'm one of the users with blurry right side of the image, but not that big of a deal).

I guess I can open it to be sure, but I haven't had the need to check if it'a a real one or not.

Anyone with advantages?

Jokiin's guess is correct, the setting you are looking for is called "Loop recording" on the G1W-C. "Recycle" and "loop" mean the same thing.

Select it in the menu and it will take you to the next screen which will give you a choice of 3 minute, 5 minute or ten minute video segments. If set to "Off" it will record continuously like a regular video recorder but the file sizes you end up with would be enormous and hard to manage. If set to any length of "loop" it will keep recording "loops" and when the memory card gets full it will record over ("overwrite") the oldest ones. (As Jokiin already explained when describing "recycle".)
Also, each "loop" will overlap the previous one by about one second so you don't lose anything important between clips.

loops.png

looper.png

Last edited:
Now I get it.

I thought that the loop setting was only to specify the length of the files, not necessarily that it will overwrite the old ones.

Thanks guys, you have been of GREAT help.

PS: I tried to upgrade my firmware, and I got an error. I tried the G1W firmware from estore009 and the compilation firmwares from G1W's page here, and never upgraded. It just turned on and started recording. Maybe it's because it's a -C version? Anyway, it records at 1080p and 30fps, so I'm good.

Last edited:
Last question, is there a way to manually lock a video file?

If it can manually lock files it would be one of the four buttons on the back. I've never personally handled a G1W-C but my guess is that it would likely be the button on the upper right on the back of the camera. Try pressing it (or the other buttons) during recording and see what happens. If the G1W-C is like similar cameras, you will probably see a symbol of a key appear on the screen if pressing the button is successful in locking the file you are recording. Obviously, check the files on your computer and see if the expected files are indeed locked when you press the button.

Of course, if push comes to shove and you really must lock a file during recording and have no other way, make sure the G-sensor is set to the appropriate sensitivity level and give the camera a good whack with your fingers and it will lock the file. ;)

well, none of the four buttons worked... I know how to mute the audio though ;) I'll go with the whack method.

well, none of the four buttons worked... I know how to mute the audio though ;) I'll go with the whack method.

Sorry to hear that.

BTW, didn't that thing come with an owner's manual to tell you what the camera can and can't do and how to do it?

Sure, but with different firmwares and versions, I had to ask. And just to be sure that we're on the same page> Do you feel this camera has a good manual? I sure don't.

I just found out that in my firmware (2013.1112.18), the "M" button locks the image. I only tried the four front buttons.

Last edited:
Back