G1W-C (W-319S) Capacitor based, NT96650 / AR0330 / HDR / F1.6 / 6G lens.

If your budget is limited: would you be interested in Capacitor based dash camera W-319S?

• Doesn't matter to me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I prefer battery based dash cameras

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Found last week first Capacitor based dash camera in low price-range category.

I was thinking to open thread and maybe have some votes from forum members if they would like to see if there is an interest to that dash camera, knowing that one of biggest challenges in all dash cameras is battery overheating / depleting issue. Having capacitor instead of battery eliminates this issue.

It has model no. W-319S, but from appearance it 1:1 looks like G1W, there for I listed it in GXW sub-forum.

It has almost same specs as G1W apart from having Capacitors, 6G glass lens and larger lens aperture F1.6 ( at least thats what advertised ), also numberplate stamp.

Price in China starts from 345Yuan ( 56usd ), without manufacturer logos. To this amount I guess need to add international vendor % and overseas shipping cost. But I guess if G1W price is around 52usd including economy shipping , then W-319S having capacitors, numberplate stamp option, larger aperture (F1.6), 6G lens ( if it's true ?! ), then paying a little bit extra for all those options + shipping would be justified ( I guess ).

CPU: Novatek NT96650
CMOS: Aptina AR0330
SUPERCAP Dual Capacitors
Lens aperture F1.6
1080p / 30Fps / 15Mbps
Numberplate stamp
WDR / HDR

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.OQ8gJi&id=35348643674
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.10.OQ8gJi&id=35356404875
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.18.OQ8gJi&id=27373872552
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.29.OQ8gJi&id=18662697248

W-319S a1.jpg

W-319S a2.jpg

W-319S a4.jpg

W-319S a5.jpg

W-319S a6.jpg

W-319S a7.jpg

W-319S a8.jpg

W-319S a9.jpg

W-319S a10.jpg

W-319S a11.jpg

Your friends at FoxOffer already have a logo less G1W with caps for sale at $66USD.
They even corrected the listing that yesterday still had "Battery Rechargeable Li-ion" in the description. :)

I might be interested in grabbing one and giving my battery powered G1W to my brother for his car.
Hopefully this one's bit rate is at 15 and not 12 like my battery powered G1W

Your friends at FoxOffer already have a logo less G1W with caps for sale at $66USD.
They even corrected the listing that yesterday still had "Battery Rechargeable Li-ion" in the description. :)

Guess who recommended it ? ;)

I am glad Foxoffer as well as @jokiin listen to what people want to buy.
I guess new capacitor based dash cam we should call G1W-C like foxoffer listed, despite original manufacturer model nr is w-319s, but for us G1W-C is more familiar.
Price 66usd foxoffer managed to get it for sale ( incl shipping ) is lower than I expected. Good job!
Youku video samples looks promising.

I might be interested in grabbing one and giving my battery powered G1W to my brother for his car.
Hopefully this one's bit rate is at 15 and not 12 like my battery powered G1W

Hope foxoffer can make and share few raw videos so we can see video data, but from my exoerience and tests I can tell if FW is tuned uo correctly then 12 vs 15Mbps you dont see much difference ( my test VF300W vs LS300W vs LS650W ).

Great to see the Capacitor Update, Hopefully they may address the minimum 3 minute Screen Saver down to 1 minute (does my head in !!)
That would be a definite purchase for me.

G1W with Capacitor - very interested

Hopefully they may address the minimum 3 minute Screen Saver down to 1 minute
I'm going to press my luck and hope for a 30 second LCD shut down time.

billknow from FoxOffer should chime in here and confirm or deny some of the claims made in the above listings (6G glass, F1.6, plate stamp and any other differences)

billknow from FoxOffer should chime in here and confirm or deny some of the claims made in the above listings (6G glass, F1.6, plate stamp and any other differences)

I did not claim anything. Those "claims" / specs were taken according to original w-319s listings if you check links I provided in first post. Also you see from there numberplate stamp on videos screen shots ;)
Also check videos on soku.com I provided links.

I never said you claimed anything, just what the listings state.

there's nothing to suggest they are the same version though, the spec is not always the same for different customers

there's nothing to suggest they are the same version though, the spec is not always the same for different customers

I understand that, so does that imply that there's more than one factory now producing G1W's with caps? or simply the version that FoxOffer ordered may or may not have these features?

I understand that, so does that imply that there's more than one factory now producing G1W's with caps?

even if from the same factory, different customer can mean different spec, would need to see better shots of the boards from both to know if they are related or not

I understand that, so does that imply that there's more than one factory now producing G1W's with caps?

When I first got G1W ( in may ), it was actually advertised under other name. Since then I have lost counting how many different names it has ( few dozens ), and many different factories producing them, so I am not sure if it is same factory that producing G1W or not. It is good to stick to good reliable supplier / vendor, - they know where to get from good quality ( not copy of the copy ). For end user not important which factory produces as long as quality meats expectations.

Will this loose date/time settings if left unpowered for couple days?

Will this loose date/time settings if left unpowered for couple days?

haven't seen if they've revised the mainboard but there's no RTC battery on these normally so I'd expect it would lose time and date at some stage, maybe a week

Back