G1w cam power

steven smale

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me if g1w cam has battery in it and if so can it be replaced. mine dies shortly after switching it on

G1W batteries are ****e

I wouldn't bother, the new one will only do the same. It's not really a camera designed to be used without power. If your removing battery you may as well replace with super cap

I wouldn't bother, the new one will only do the same. It's not really a camera designed to be used without power. If your removing battery you may as well replace with super cap

won't work, the version of this camera with capacitors uses a different mainboard and firmware

I just replaced my battery tonight in mine. It was only lasting about 45 seconds, but in the cold mornings, not for even a split second.
I measured the current draw of the unit and it was 350mA. Surprised it was that high.

Anyways, this is the cell I used. I already had a few on hand when I fixed a portable bluetooth speaker.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__7568__ZIPPY_240mAh_20C_single_cell.html
pretty much an exact fit. Reuse the protection board from the old lipo cell in the camera.

What kind of life does the 240mah battery give you now, Dave?

I measured it today after letting it fully charge in the car and I got 26 minutes until it shut off from the battery being low.

Back