G1W-CB Beeping Noise Issue During Playback

kirk williams

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W- CB
I just purchased a G!W-CB from ebay and everything seems to be working just fine. The only issue I'm having is why I keep having this beeping noise during my playback recordings? It sounds like a static sound in the background. If anyone has had a similar issue or has found a solution, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP........

I purchased my dashcam here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/111681414523
My Video is Here:

Last edited:
First of all, welcome to DCT!

I watched the whole video and didn't hear anything resembling a beeping noise. Can you indicate where on the video did you noticed it?

First of all, welcome to DCT!

I watched the whole video and didn't hear anything resembling a beeping noise. Can you indicate where on the video did you noticed it?
Its kinda hard to hear a lil bit but you have to really be listening. If you can turn up your volume all the way up then it will be hearable. It sounds like a interface noise in the background or something, and its beeping constant through the whole video. At 5:23 -5:27 you can hear it a lil better. The actual audio is great, but that background interface sound is my issue I'm having.

I don't hear any beeping either but I do hear a vibration. Usually, this noise is a mounting issue having to do the the camera vibrating in the mount or the cable or some other component vibrating against the camera. Occasionally, it can turn out to be a loose part inside the camera. This happens quite often in low priced cameras like the G1w series. I'll bet that rattling noise doesn't happen when the vehicle isn't moving.

I don't hear any beeping either but I do hear a vibration. Usually, this noise is a mounting issue having to do the the camera vibrating in the mount or the cable or some other component vibrating against the camera. Occasionally, it can turn out to be a loose part inside the camera. This happens quite often in low priced cameras like the G1w series. I'll bet that rattling noise doesn't happen when the vehicle isn't moving.
The noise I'm referring to is similar to this video here:

The noise I'm referring to is similar to this video here:
It's kinda hard to hear in the video but when I play my recording back I can hear it much better. I was thinking a interference filter car charger might do the trick or something else. What will you advise?????

I don't hear that noise in your original video, however I do hear the noise in this video. It is a result of the camera not getting enough voltage from the power supply.

You can test this out if you happen to have an AC powered USB charger and a suitable cable. You'll need a cable with a USB-A connector on one end and a mini-B connector on the other.

You still do have a rattle problem in your vehicle BTW.

Just to be clear. The camera will run fine with slightly lower voltage but this noise can result from lower than optimal voltage. I'm familiar with the problem, having experienced it myself. Some cameras are more prone to this issue than others, especially budget cameras like the G1W. A new power source should solve the problem. Some cheap power supplies can generate noises as well as improper voltage so a different power supply may help on that score as well.

Last edited:
What about this one lads? Hardware fault, sd card or...?

It could be interference coming from the car itself. Turn on your AM car radio near a Prius and you will hear something very similar What the regularly-timed noise is with those cars is a data burst going to and from it's computers, and it's becoming more common as other cars begin to have more complex computer controls. There is also a constant interference from systems using a faster bus speed on the computer, and that could be causing the lines in the vid.

To diagnose whether the car (or something in it) is the cause, try powering the cam through an adapter plugged into your house AC. If the problem disappears it's interference from your car or from something in it like a GPS device or phone charger. This happens more with cheaper cams which have no RF shielding and less filtering in their circuitry. Using shielded USB cables may help as might a filter capacitor across the 12V power input. Sometimes moving the power tap to a cleaner circuit helps. Moving the cam sometimes helps. But first check it in-home to be certain of where the problem is.

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jackal G1WX 10
B G1WX 10
Back