G1W-CB - focus issue (blurry)

smithsky

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello, I've bought G1W-CB from Gearbest and I've had this issue since day 1. If I connect it to PC and use as camera there's no problem, seems like it focuses on windshield and its dirt?

Is there any way to fix this by myself? Could updating firmware help? current version: 2016.0728.11am

I've read some people had similar problem and had to open camera and fix focus manually, maybe this is what I will have to try?

Pics below

Attachments

• blurry.JPG
    blurry.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 13
  • blurry1.JPG
    blurry1.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 12
If the camera is only recently purchased (<1 year) from GearBest then a warranty may apply and GearBest may refund or replace it if you show them the images.
It's a long story but personally, I hate GearBest. I had a G1W camera that I purchased from them, and after about 11 months it developed a white screen. I wrote to GearBest and showed them the photos but they did not reply until after 12 months and then they declared that the camera was over 1 year old and would not uphold the warranty.

SL381127.jpg
The G1W cameras are fairly easy to open. But it would be your choice to open it and fiddle around with the lens. I have heard others have done this which resulted in a better image. Have a look around the forums and get some ideas of how to fix the problem.
..and, if you decide to purchase another G1W or other camera then contact #estore009 and speak to Vicky, she will give you good advice.

Good luck
SL381761-2.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, thank you for your reply. In the end I opened camera and adjusted lens and to my surprise, it worked :)

Hello, thank you for your reply. In the end I opened camera and adjusted lens and to my surprise, it worked:)
NICE ONE! Well done. (y)(y)
It may be a good idea to tell us exactly what you did so that others can benefit from this post.

NICE ONE! Well done. (y)(y)
It may be a good idea to tell us exactly what you did so that others can benefit from this post.

Hello, so first I opened the camera, then connected G1WCB to PC, chose PC Camera option and used some website that lets you test your camera. Then with camera still opened I twisted lens right and left to get the right focus, the sharpest image I could get.

BUT WATCH OUT when opening camera, I have two left hands and used too much force when opening. I managed to rip cables responsible for speakers and night light. But in my case I don't use that night light and speakers are only used if you want to rewatch video with sound on your camera, sound is still being recorded via camera mic so no harm done. So I'm better off :p

Below are the pics of lens that needed to be adjusted and picture I managed to get. (check first post for comparison)

Attachments

• Przechwytywanie.JPG
    Przechwytywanie.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 8
  • post-289506-0-75151300-1380740306_thumb.jpg
    post-289506-0-75151300-1380740306_thumb.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 7
Back