G1W-CB from Gearbest - poor quality, totally blurred left side

damiandee

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello everyone!

Few months ago I bought dashcam G1W-CB from Gearbest and preinstalled firmware, everything was absolutely perfect.
Few weeks ago I decided to order second the same cam from GB. After watching videos from it, I must say I'm more than dissapointed. Original firmware was from 2016 (can't remember whole number). My first thought was maybe firmware has problem, so I installed same I've got in my first cam. Unfortunately, it didn'y help at all, just like another firmware 2016.1021.11.

The problem is that videos are very poor quality, especially left side is totally blurred. And I talk about daily videos, quality of even a little bit darker videos isn't even worth to comment. What is more, recorded sound is very quiet, all you hear is noises and some-like vibrations sound. It's pretty interesting, cause there is no such a problem with first cam.

This is stop-frame from new cam
bad.jpg

And this is from first one(everything is sharp, even car plates on every line are readable)
ok.jpg

It even possible to fix it somehow? Please help!
Thanks for any advice :)
Greetings!

Last edited:
Reinstalled firmware propably closes my options for any dispute with GB, right?

Is there anything I can do?

Welcome to DCT :)
Yeah it's warranty time. Were it me I'd mention nothing of the firmware swaps as the cam was faulty before then anyway. And according to which CS rep you get this might become an exasperating nightmare. It's one of the risks in buying direct from China :( Good luck with that (y)

Phil

OMG!!! I wish people would get wise and not buy from GearBest, they are terrible at adhering to their warranties and terms of sale.
A few years ago I had a G1W camera which about one month before the one year warranty was about to expire the camera developed a totally white screen. After checking it, and installing other firmware it would not work. I wrote a message to GearBest and sent photos proving the camera had become faulty, anyway cut a longish story they replied after the year warranty and said because the camera was over a year old they could not replace or do a refund. I explained that the fault developed when the camera was less than one year and that their reply was written after the one year..they would not have it, but told me to return the camera which I did using a tracked delivery but they said they did not receive it and had got lost in transit....yeah sure!!
In the end I got nothing!! But I know for sure that I will never, ever do business with GearBest again. Basically they will try to find any excuse not to refund or replace any items you purchase through them. Stay away from GearBest.

Last edited:
Back