g1w dash cam broke, need new cam, no budget

xdecx

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all I had a g1w dash cam but it started messing up, every last file was broken and couldnt be read, I tried different memory cards same problem. I also would like to get a rear camera, since someone JUST rear ended me on Friday. I dont really care how much it costs, I want something that will last and has GREAT quality. Day or night! Especially night. Front and Rear.

Just remember that when it comes to dash cams, price does not always indicate quality.

Hey all I had a g1w dash cam but it started messing up, every last file was broken and couldnt be read,

Looks like faulty battery or capacitors, which are not saving last file.

I dont really care how much it costs, I want something that will last and has GREAT quality. Day or night! Especially night. Front and Rear.

This is the right attitude !
What other criteria do you have ( form factor / design, functions, etc. ) ?

i guess my only criteria is 12+ mbit bitrate? Thats all I care about is really just quality. Form factor dont care, ill make it work, i have all tinted windows, you cant really see in anyway. Design couldnt care less, functions, yeah a working camera.

i guess my only criteria is 12+ mbit bitrate? Thats all I care about is really just quality. Form factor dont care, ill make it work, i have all tinted windows, you cant really see in anyway. Design couldnt care less, functions, yeah a working camera.
Welcome @xdecx Street Guardian products have always been a great performer for me. @Pier28 is the seller in the USA and is always over the top with service and support. Many other nice cameras as well out there. Good luck!

Most of what's out in the market is 12mbit or higher, not a lot that are lower

So i guess im looking for 18mbit or higher now lol. I really dont know what im looking for. What would you all recommend?

2x Moebius maybe?

2x Moebius maybe?

Ok. Hey all. I want to buy a set tonight if possible. What would you recommend that has great night time footage and good bit rate? Ive read alot of rewciews and looked at youtube videos. Im not really sure what I should get. Anyone have a good top 3 i should be looking at. My only requirements are great picture w good night shots. Gps would be a plus but not required. Also like i said. Form factor and stuff is not an issue. I just want something i know will work when I need to look at footage.

Edit any cams do like 1080x 60fps or 720p @ 120fps?

The SJCAM M10+ does both.
Cool. Do u know if its as good as other cams ppl recommended and hows the night footage? Looking for reviews from ppl who use this around a city environment

Well, see for yourself:

Well, see for yourself:

Ok cool. The m10+ looks good. 2 of them are $260 on amazon. Any other cameras I should be looking at before buying these? M10 night shots look good. Any otheR cameras w good night shots or better?

Any other cameras I should be looking at before buying these?

If you can wait a few weeks, consider the A119 & Mobius 2, both of which offer 1080p/60, & both are due for imminent launch.

Action cam is suck at night :)

Well, from what I've seen, SJCAM's Plus models do an excellent job in low light conditions.
I am the one who sell sjcam. My comment is: The best sjcam in night footage is sj4000. Even with sj4000, it is till worse than any dashcam using ov4689 and Ap0330 CMOS.
Could you show me a footage of sjcam's plus which do an excellent job ?

Oh, come on, you can do that yourself! ;)
There are lots of night footage available on You Tube but I always refer to Techmoan's video because it has the advantage of a comparison with another camera in a low light environment.
But hey, who am I to judge? I never owned a SJCAM. :)

What is the best night time quailty cmos or what should I be looking for in terms of hardware inside the camera. I guess like i said before, high bitrate and Preferably gps.

What is the best night time quailty cmos or what should I be looking for in terms of hardware inside the camera. I guess like i said before, high bitrate and Preferably gps.

Good CMOS alone doesn't play big role. You also need high quality lens with large aperture and fine tuned firmware. I had few daschams with very good cmos sensor and large aperture lens, but firmware was poorly tuned and lens were cheap, so final result was below average.

Back