G1W-HC-T651C?

Pepnyc

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone have any info on the G1W-HC-T651C? I know there are 4 current versions of the G1W out there now.

G1W - Silver with battery
G1WH - Black with battery
G1W-C - Silver with capacitors
G1W-CB - Black with capacitors

But this seems to be a fifth one. It's a black capacitor version with the NT96650 chipset like the others but I can't find any reviews on it anyplace. Maybe they just changed the mount to fix the vibration issue? It looks different. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Here's a link.

http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_378295.html

Neither one of those reviews are for the model I mentioned. The model I'm looking for is the G1W-HC-T651C. That first vid is for the g1w-cb. The other reviews are for the 4 models I mentioned above as well. The g1w, g1w-h, g1w-c and the g1w-cb. All of which I've already found reviews for. There is no mention of a G1W-HC or G1W-HC-T651C. Thanks anyway though.

Sorry, I thought the specs were the same as before. Do you know what the difference in Spec is?

Sorry, I thought the specs were the same as before. Do you know what the difference in Spec is?

I don't know. That's what I'm trying to find out. The only thing I can see different besides the color and capacitor vs battery is the lens. Some have 120 and some have 140.

I'm thinking the G1W-HC-T651C is a newer model. Possibly with a better mount and newer firmware. I guess I'll find out because I just ordered one. :)

I don't know. That's what I'm trying to find out. The only thing I can see different besides the color and capacitor vs battery is the lens. Some have 120 and some have 140.

I'm thinking the G1W-HC-T651C is a newer model. Possibly with a better mount and newer firmware. I guess I'll find out because I just ordered one. :)
There's some more info HERE but we're still not sure if it looks like Gearbest's picture, which is basically a G1W-H with capacitors (hence the HC name). Sawmaster "abandoned" the thread without clarifying that.

There's some more info HERE but we're still not sure if it looks like Gearbest's picture, which is basically a G1W-H with capacitors (hence the HC name). Sawmaster "abandoned" the thread without clarifying that.

Well, I just ordered mine so I'm not expecting it for at least 3 weeks. If the confusion is not already resolved I'll hop on that thread and post my findings.

Weird thing is there's listings for the G1W-HC on ebay and amazon but nothing on you tube. I guess I'll just have to assume it's either a newer case on a CB or an H with capacitors and go on the video footage available on those. Even Wally World has it for sale but it's branded "KamO" but it's listed as 160 degree wide angle. As far as I knew there were only 120 and 140.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/KamO-G1W...rder-Night-Vision-Motion-Detection-/152896889

One thing that stood out to me right off the bat was the mount where the camera mounts to the suction cup thingy. It's a solid round ring on gearbest as opposed to the others with just the thin piece of plastic in the middle. I know there's been some vibration issues with the G1Ws. Maybe that fixes it?

This whole thing is very confusing.

Thanks for the info Module!

Last edited:

I left that thread after some people who only wanted to bash jumped in :( I'll clarify here- it's exactly like the pic and so far seems to be a very good cam for the price. All black except the small separator bars between the buttons. Inside was NT96650 and AT0330 CMOS with caps, not a battery. I've been running one for over two weeks and another for a week. Not recommended, I did some 24/7 testing and twice the cam stopped at around 36 hours continuous use, but ran perfectly when restarted. I've since installed a switch for them and in regular driving-parking use for about 10 hours time they work fine.

Phil

Well, I just ordered mine so I'm not expecting it for at least 3 weeks. If the confusion is not already resolved I'll hop on that thread and post my findings.
That would be nice, since nothing those Chinese sellers advertise can be trusted.

Even Wally World has it for sale but it's branded "KamO" but it's listed as 160 degree wide angle. As far as I knew there were only 120 and 140.
Again, it's all down to creative writing in advertisement. There has never been a G1W series camera with 160º. Remember that these figures represent the diagonal angle, not the horizontal. The horizontal angle is about 90º in the normal lenses but there's some reports here on this section of people who bought G1W-Hs with a 120º horizontal angle lens.

One thing that stood out to me right off the bat was the mount where the camera mounts to the suction cup thingy. It's a solid round ring on gearbest as opposed to the others with just the thin piece of plastic in the middle. I know there's been some vibration issues with the G1Ws. Maybe that fixes it?
The mount on Gearbest's picture is the usual G1W-H's mount. The G1W/G1W-Cs were the ones that came with the ball-joint type of mount.

I left that thread after some people who only wanted to bash jumped in :( I'll clarify here- it's exactly like the pic and so far seems to be a very good cam for the price. All black except the small separator bars between the buttons. Inside was NT96650 and AT0330 CMOS with caps, not a battery. I've been running one for over two weeks and another for a week. Not recommended, I did some 24/7 testing and twice the cam stopped at around 36 hours continuous use, but ran perfectly when restarted. I've since installed a switch for them and in regular driving-parking use for about 10 hours time they work fine.

Phil
So it's really a G1W-H with capacitors. Finally someone decided to make them! :)

I'm using the Black Box version if it. It's a nice camera, the mount is very good compared to the regular G1WH (which uses the ball mount).

Build quality isn't as good, the record and power button is very hard to press and doesn't click like a regular button, it just sticks. Menu button is used to protect a clip instead of mode. Other than that, it's like a regular G1WH in every other way except that it has a capacitor and shuts down instantly.

Seems to be, and the mount is shorter and more rigid also, but lacks a latch so that could become an issue (but an easily solved one). On performance it seems to be as good as the G1Wc I had in the Barbecued Buick but I obviously can't compare them directly now :p

Phil

Seems to be, and the mount is shorter and more rigid also, but lacks a latch so that could become an issue (but an easily solved one). On performance it seems to be as good as the G1Wc I had in the Barbecued Buick but I obviously can't compare them directly now :p

Phil
I'm guessing it did not pass the heat tolerance test :D

I'm using the Black Box version if it. It's a nice camera, the mount is very good compared to the regular G1WH (which uses the ball mount).

Build quality isn't as good, the record and power button is very hard to press and doesn't click like a regular button, it just sticks. Menu button is used to protect a clip instead of mode. Other than that, it's like a regular G1WH in every other way except that it has a capacitor and shuts down instantly.

What exactly is the "black box" version. Is it a knock off of a real one or something?

Just one of the sellers, like spytec. They version could be different, that's why I mentioned it.

Just one of the sellers, like spytec. They version could be different, that's why I mentioned it.

So it's still legit. Just branded differently?

Seems to be, and the mount is shorter and more rigid also, but lacks a latch so that could become an issue (but an easily solved one).

Phil
I never had any problems with my G1W-H's latchless T-bracket mount. If fitted so tightly that I doubt anything could make it slide out of the slot. I guess the latch is useful for those people who constantly remove the camera from the mount. I noticed that those types of mounts are looser than the other ones, that's probably why they need the latch.

Back