G1W IR LED - How to turn it on/off?

Jorge

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hello.

The IR Led of my copy turns on and a "Moon" icon appears everytime I turn on the cam, but it seems there is no option in the menus to operate this function! Also, the manual does NOT refer to the IR-LIGHT!
Even the photo in the package shows a model with no IR LED on the front...

I suspect that the manual was written for an old model, exactly as the firmware...

Curiously during a first testing the light was off and when I tryed to shoot in darkness the LED turned on (and now I can't turn irt off).

Any ideas?

P.S.: Think the seller ("Oohsomuch" in eBay) sold me a fake G1W... :-/

If there is no option to turn off from menu, just open a shell and cut ( remove ) IR led wires.

Try holding the select button for a few seconds to turn on and off, (right hand side of screen top button)

Does yours actually have an IR led? My G1W had a white led, but there was a menu option to turn it on and off. I also colored it in with black marker to make the camera blend in better.

...during a first testing the light was off and when I tryed to shoot in darkness the LED turned on (and now I can't turn irt off)

;)

Does yours actually have an IR led? My G1W had a white led, but there was a menu option to turn it on and off. I also colored it in with black marker to make the camera blend in better.

Perhaps I'm just not getting it. But if he can see the led with his eyes its not IR most likely, but I was trying to be sure he wasn't saying he saw it come on through then screen. I know IR is useless I was just curious if any G1Ws actually had real IR light versus the white led most seem to have.

Perhaps I'm just not getting it. But if he can see the led with his eyes its not IR most likely, but I was trying to be sure he wasn't saying he saw it come on through then screen. I know IR is useless I was just curious if any G1Ws actually had real IR light versus the white led most seem to have.

Non of this series models have IR, they all have white led, at least I havent came accross of IR used in this series. So your curiousity / guessing is right.

Non of this series models have IR, they all have white led, at least I havent came accross of IR used in this series. So your curiousity / guessing is right.
Okay, that's what I thought. Thanks.

Back