G1W Review by Techmoan

Interestingly I bought my last dash cam off the back of his review, but it turned out to be faulty and I never bothered buying another one of them. Glad this one meets his approval too!

Just be careful out there. There are several version of this camera online. The one I received came in an orange color box with the word "Black Box" printed on it. The manual front and back page is in orange. The HDMI to misi USB connector does not come in the box. The suction cup is a bit different too. It has a turn key on it (see attach JPG). The turnkey is easier to adjust by turning the nut tighter around the ball joint. I bought mine from the link thru this website (dashcamtalk) that lead me to Amazon.com. Spy Tec sold me the package and I already email them thru Amazon.com about the missing HDMI to mini USB cable. Overall I am happy with the camera. Note: WDR only option is ON. Software Version on DVR: 2013.05237.01.

Attachments

• G1W DVR box.jpg
    G1W DVR box.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Turnkey Suction cup.jpg
    Turnkey Suction cup.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hello,

You are correct that there are several versions of this device on the market. We sourced this carefully and I think the factory we are getting it from is actually producing a superior unit to the one that Techmoan reviewed. It is true that it does not include an HDMI cable, but that is because the actual unit's lens and the mount is more costly and we need to remain competitive overall on the price. The mount is definitely superior to the one shown in the Techmoan video. The build on the unit itself also I think is superior and we have yet to see any units with weak mini USB inputs.

Just be careful out there. There are several version of this camera online. The one I received came in an orange color box with the word "Black Box" printed on it. The manual front and back page is in orange. The HDMI to misi USB connector does not come in the box. The suction cup is a bit different too. It has a turn key on it (see attach JPG). The turnkey is easier to adjust by turning the nut tighter around the ball joint. I bought mine from the link thru this website (dashcamtalk) that lead me to Amazon.com. Spy Tec sold me the package and I already email them thru Amazon.com about the missing HDMI to mini USB cable. Overall I am happy with the camera. Note: WDR only option is ON. Software Version on DVR: 2013.05237.01.

Yeah, I have the same one. Please check what happening if you press the mode button during recording (press and hold about 2 sec.), and the M button too. In mine mode button mute sound during rec.(and unmute too) and M button lock current file. WDR ON is only option too, no HDMI(cable), and just like write spytec, mount is perfect and good build too, i dont no what lens have, but quality of recording in daylight and night is amazing.

Yeah, I have the same one. Please check what happening if you press the mode button during recording (press and hold about 2 sec.), and the M button too. In mine mode button mute sound during rec.(and unmute too) and M button lock current file. WDR ON is only option too, no HDMI(cable), and just like write spytec, mount is perfect and good build too, i dont no what lens have, but quality of recording in daylight and night is amazing.
Hello

Hi Total,
Yeap, I followed your step and I do see the mute icon appear after I hit the mode button. The mount is great on this camera. Enjoy your dashcam!

Back