G1W Turn the screen off while recording?

Country
United States
Messed around in the menus for a while and I couldnt find the option. Anyway to do this?

niko

Retailer
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Messed around in the menus for a while and I couldnt find the option. Anyway to do this?
Plz clarify your issues.

kuoh

Country
United States
I believe he wants the LCD to turn off while recording so as not to provide a distraction while driving or to comply with local laws about having in car displays.

KuoH

Plz clarify your issues.

CheckYourLights

Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
I believe on the G1W it is called screen protect, but mine is in the car right now.

niko

Retailer
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
As I remember. G1W screen saver a( goes black ) minimum time is 3 min.

CheckYourLights

Country
United States
Dash Cam
As I remember. G1W screen saver a( goes black ) minimum time is 3 min.
Yes 3 mins is the minimum unfortunately. I wish it was something like 30 seconds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E
Country
United States
ahh...screen saver. thanks, makes sense. too bad its not always off, but at least now I will see that it is recording.

I may buy a cheap polarized screen protector off of ebay

CheckYourLights

Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W is a great cam but would also like the option for the screen saver minimum to be less than 3 minutes. probably abt 1 minute - hopefully future upgrade if possible.
The firmware is not easily up-gradable on this device. I believe a member here flashed a firmware from a GT300W, but it is risky, and i don't know if the GT300W has a different minimum time

CheckYourLights

Country
United States
Dash Cam
It's the same minimum time on the GT300W (3min)
That's to bad. I might have considered the risk myself if it had a 30 second setting. 3 min minimum is way to long especially at night

Runed

Country
United States
For some reason my screen doesn't shut off when i set it to 3 minutes. I have the 2013.1017 firmware and under "screen protection" none of the options seem to to work. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Country
Spain
Dash Cam
G1W
To turn the screen off it is on page 3 of the menu: "screen saver". it has 3 settings;- off -30 seconds -1 minute and 2 minutes.

Runed

Country
United States
Does yours shut off after 3 mins? Mine seems to just stay on and never shut off :(

Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic Of
Dash Cam
G1W, A118/B40
Does yours shut off after 3 mins? Mine seems to just stay on and never shut off :(
Not shut off, only shut off the screen and continue recording

Country
Spain
Dash Cam
G1W
There 2 things issues here. This thread was about the screen shutting of. To answer irononreverse I have 20130627.VO.01MM3 I should also make a further clarification on my post that the screen saver is actually on page 3 of the Set Up Menu not page 3 of the Video Menu.
To answer runed: The cam should do a complete shut down after the power is disconnected. I found this on page 1 of the Set Up Menu "auto power off". This can be set at; off - 3, 5 or 10 minutes.
What I have not got with my cam is the save file facility. I am meant to hit the mode button whilst videoing and it will save that file from begin over written . I was going to send it back because of this and the rattle. But as I cured the rattle I thought why bother.

Runed

Country
United States
Not shut off, only shut off the screen and continue recording
Mine apparently doesn't shut off no matter how many minutes I set it on, possibly a defective unit? Screen stays on for the duration of my drive.

Country
Canada
I was going to send it back because of this and the rattle. But as I cured the rattle I thought why bother.
How did you fix the rattle? Mine does the same thing and it annoys the hell out of me lol

Disregard. Found your post and sorted it out

Last edited: