G1W (Unsure what model) - Files missing & potential firmware upgrade.

dishlex

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Good evening,

I have a G1W, but I am unsure if it is a G1WH or G1W.

I have just tried to update the firmware with the multiple G1WH firmware available but it didn't seem to recognise it, so perhaps it is a standard G1W.

The current firmware listed is 2016.0728.11am, however a google result suggests it is a G1W-CB, so I will need to try that firmware.

Anyways, I have noticed that whenever I take the camera out of the car after recording something interesting, the file I want is generally missing. Whereas the video before and after it is always there.

Apparently if I turn motion detection off, this may resolve the issue? I believe it is already off, but I have double checked and made sure it is off, and also disabled the G-Sensor.

The card in use is a Samsung 32GB SD card, if that has any bearing on recording issues.

I am just wondering if a firmware update may resolve this issue, or if this is an issue that people are familiar with at all?

Thank you.

You seem to be on the correct path with settings and card :) Perhaps it is a firmware issue, and indeed here are different ones for the -C and the -H versions. Without knowing what the original firmware was it's anyone;s guess for what you need. Contact the seller and see if they can send you the original firmware, then you will have a better chance at finding compatible upgrades. At worst you'll have a reliably working cam again ;)

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J G1WX 10
Back