G1WC-DA380-15051201JR firmware?

arjones85

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

I have a G1W-CB whose version shows G1WC-DA380-15051201JR. I am experiencing the last file corrupt issue with it. Where can I find upgraded firmware for this version of the G1W-C? The few files I have found do not flash.

Thank you!

If it's only (and always?) the last file that's corrupt it's possibly the capacitor failing and not providing power long enough to properly save the file. If that's the case it's not likely that a F/W update will have any effect.

Thanks for the feedback!

The issue I am seeing is, recently, the last file has started being corrupted. It did not do this previously (I had the camera for 3 years so far).

Here's the strangeness - If I turn the car off, it's corrupt. If I just unplug the camera completely instead of turning the car off, it's not corrupt. It's only corrupt when I let it shut down via turning my car off.

Was hoping that a firmware update may help the camera handle whatever weird power fluctuation it's getting when I turn the car off vs unplugging the camera.

Thanks for the feedback!

Here's the strangeness - If I turn the car off, it's corrupt. If I just unplug the camera completely instead of turning the car off, it's not corrupt. It's only corrupt when I let it shut down via turning my car off.
Interesting.
This sounds like a spike of electricity as the vehicle is turned off going through the power lead.
It appears the camera is working as it should but try a different power lead whether it's hard wired or through the power adapter/cigarette lighter outlet. And also try it in a different vehicle if possible.

Interesting.
This sounds like a spike of electricity as the vehicle is turned off going through the power lead....
Or possibly just the opposite. It may be when the ignition is turned off there is a gradual reduction of amperage/voltage, enough that the capacitor is drained to the point of not being able save the last file, before the F/W detects the condition and starts the shutdown process. Whereas when the plug is pulled the power loss is immediate and the corruption doesn't happen.

Just thinking out loud here about possibilities.

The key here is this is a recent phenomenon which is a strong indicator of a failing capacitor.

> there is a gradual reduction of amperage/voltage, enough that the capacitor is drained to the point of not being able save the last file, before the F/W detects the condition and starts the shutdown process.

Curious, how would the gradual reduction indicate a failing capacitor? Not that I doubt you, I'm just not following and trying to so that I understand :)

...Curious, how would the gradual reduction indicate a failing capacitor?... :)
If there is a gradual reduction it could cause some of the capacitor's charge to be used for normal operation of the camera (speculation on my part) to the point where there is insufficient charge left in the capacitor to do a normal shut down, thus causing corruption of the last file.

Pulling the plug results in an instantaneous loss of power and the camera immediately goes into the shut down process for which there is enough charge in the capacitor even though it may be in the early stages of failure.

Since, per the OP, this has started happening somewhat recently it seems, to me anyhow, that the only variable is likely the capacitor beginning to fail.

It does seem like worn caps, but check your power connections for corrosion anyway as that could also cause a gradual loss of power.

Phil

Back