G1WH battery replacement?

winter4w

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1WH
I was wondering if there are any videos for replacing a battery on the G1WH. Also would soldering be required? My battery started going on my cam a while ago and I think it is now finally 100% dead since it wont save the last file. It use to reboot allot when I turned the car off. Where I am it can get up to 120 in the summer so I am not shocked if the heat killed the battery.

Also what batteries do you recommend and where should I get them? (I prefer Amazon Prime :) )

Thanks

Ok so I popped open my camera and the battery is all puffed up so yes it is dead. I was wondering would this battery work fine with it (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00M16NG34) or is there another battery you guy recommend?

Thanks

I was wondering if there are any videos for replacing a battery on the G1WH. Also would soldering be required? My battery started going on my cam a while ago and I think it is now finally 100% dead since it wont save the last file. It use to reboot allot when I turned the car off. Where I am it can get up to 120 in the summer so I am not shocked if the heat killed the battery.

Also what batteries do you recommend and where should I get them? (I prefer Amazon Prime :) )

Thanks

The battery you are looking at is only 240 mAh and therefore seems pretty anemic. The G1WH can accept a larger more powerful, longer lasting battery. I would measure the battery you took out of your camera and then measure the space where it was installed and let that be your guide in purchasing a new one.

Check out the disassembly photos on the DCT G1WH page and compared them with the disassembly photos for the nearly identical GT300/LS300 which the G1WH is just an inexpensive copy of. Notice that the batteries are mounted differently. There is plenty of room in there for a bigger battery.

As you probably learned by now, some soldering will be required.

The battery you are looking at is only 240 mAh and therefore seems pretty anemic. The G1WH can accept a larger more powerful, longer lasting battery. I would measure the battery you took out of your camera and then measure the space where it was installed and let that be your guide in purchasing a new one.

Check out the disassembly photos on the DCT G1WH page and compared them with the disassembly photos for the nearly identical GT300/LS300 which the G1WH is just an inexpensive copy of. Notice that the batteries are mounted differently. There is plenty of room in there for a bigger battery.

As you probably learned by now, some soldering will be required.
Yea I already popped mine open. The battery is still on just dead. I will remove it when I get a new one since I still want to use my cam. What battery would you recommend? I have been looking on amazon but I am not sure if some of them would work with my camera.

The original 3.7V 520 mAh battery from the Mobius could fit into the G1WH. (tightly but it does fit) It measured 30mm x 30 mm x 5mm. If you can find one still available from one of the listed Mobius sellers, it would be a good option. I believe most are selling the newer 840 mAh battery which is much too thick but someone may have still a few older 540 mAh ones in stock. Basically, you want anything that size or smaller. eBay or some of the Chinese online sellers are often a good place to look for this type of generic Li-Po replacement battery. The one you linked to on Amazon will work but you would need to make sure it will actually fit.

The original 3.7V 520 mAh battery from the Mobius could fit into the G1WH. (tightly but it does fit) It measured 30mm x 30 mm x 5mm. If you can find one still available from one of the listed Mobius sellers, it would be a good option. I believe most are selling the newer 840 mAh battery which is much too thick but someone may have still a few older 540 mAh ones in stock. Basically, you want anything that size or smaller. eBay or some of the Chinese online sellers are often a good place to look for this type of generic Li-Po replacement battery. The one you linked to on Amazon will work but you would need to make sure it will actually fit.
Ok Thanks however I have a new question. I would probably want to replace it with the same battery it came with. I was looking on line and I see multiple specs of the battery. Some say the G1WH is 240mAh and others say its 300mAh.

Ok Thanks however I have a new question. I would probably want to replace it with the same battery it came with. I was looking on line and I see multiple specs of the battery. Some say the G1WH is 240mAh and others say its 300mAh.

It doesn't matter, as long as it can power the camera for a brief time the amperage of the battery doesn't matter. Some prefer a heartier battery because the camera can run much longer on battery alone, hence my recommendation. Regardless of the capacity of the battery, the camera will only consume what it needs.

It doesn't matter, as long as it can power the camera for a brief time the amperage of the battery doesn't matter. Some prefer a heartier battery because the camera can run much longer on battery alone, hence my recommendation. Regardless of the capacity of the battery, the camera will only consume what it needs.
May I ask what battery did you get for your camera?

The original 520 mAh battery from the Mobius I spoke of previously.
Just to confirm would you think this one will work? People have put good reviews on it and they claim they used it as a replacement for the Mobius.

Just to confirm would you think this one will work? People have put good reviews on it and they claim they used it as a replacement for the Mobius.

I'm not sure I quite understand your post. Which one are you referring to? If you mean the original 520mAh battery from the Mobius I mentioned why would the fact that people are "claiming" they used it as a replacement in the Mobius surprise you?
That battery, the 520 mAh Mobius replacement should fit inside your G1WH but it will be a tight fit. Since there is some variation in the ongoing manufacturing of the G1WH by different factories you should carefully measure the space inside your own particular camera, measure the existing battery and then get the exact measurements of whatever battery you decide to purchase as a replacement BEFORE you buy. That way there will be no surprises. The original 520 mAh Mobius replacement battery measures 30mm x 30 mm x 5mm.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I quite understand your post. Which one are you referring to? If you mean the original 520mAh battery from the Mobius I mentioned why would the fact that people are "claiming" they used it as a replacement in the Mobius surprise you?
That battery, the 520 mAh Mobius replacement should fit inside your G1WH but it will be a tight fit. Since there is some variation in the ongoing manufacturing of the G1WH by different factories you should carefully measure the space inside your own particular camera, measure the existing battery and then get the exact measurements of whatever battery you decide to purchase as a replacement BEFORE you buy. That way there will be no surprises. The original 520 mAh Mobius replacement battery measures 30mm x 30 mm x 5mm.
Im sorry I was a dumb and did not post the link about the one I was talking about
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00MZJBQHU

Im sorry I was a dumb and did not post the link about the one I was talking about
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00MZJBQHU

OK, now your post makes sense. :) Well, that certainly looks like the Mobius 520 mAh battery except that the product description says the dimensions are 5.3 x 4.4 x 0.3 inches. That sure doesn't sound right but I see that the first customer review claims it to be a Mobius cam replacement battery. I was going to suggest you ask the dimensions of this item in millimeters but I see someone has already asked that question but it has not been answered. Apparently, this is sold as the replacement for the 808 #26 key chain camera but I think it is the same as the Mobius 1 action camera battery. Since the item is fulfilled by Amazon I would go ahead and order one and return it if it doesn't fit.

Last edited:
part number is DV 603030, 6mm thick, 30mm x 30mm

Thanks. That might be a bridge 1mm too far for our friend @winter4w. here. My old G1WH is no longer in service so I can't check but I seem to recall that the 5mm thickness of the Mobius 1 battery just barely fit. Then again, these cameras are varied in construction, components and specs to some degree nowadays, so just maybe it might work. The solution is probably to go with the smaller battery which will work fine.

I had great fun and good use with the G1WH I bought for 4o bucks but it gave up the ghost after about a year and a half or so as I kind of expected it might. These generic products feel sort of like disposable cameras.

Last edited:
Back