G1WH burned after installing it to direct 12V

amitt_22

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hello everyone !

i mad a terrible mistake!
i installed my camera to direct voltage of 12v instead of 5v.
as a result, I burned the hell out of one of the transistors.
in order to fix the camera, I need to replace this poor guy.

The problem is that because it burned, i cant see its value.
It need to be a four digits number (maybe with letters).
This is the photo:

jpfv2r.jpg

I need your help to discover that value!
THANK YOU ALL, GOD BLESS !!

Welcome @amitt_22
Sorry about your mishap but you are not the first to do that, sh*t happens.

Member @USDashCamera has posted a video on the G1W teardown
and he may be able to help with identifying the # on that part.

Could you please clarify what exactly it is you did that burned the camera? 5v is USB voltage whilst 12v is the voltage used in the car cigarette socket. I plugged my camera through both and all works fine. I take it the car cable camera came with (cigarette socket->mini USB) converts 12v to 5v?

The car cable does indeed convert 12v to 5v but what usually leads up to burning the camera is this: In attempting to hardwire their camera they mistakenly believe that they can just cut off the lighter adapter part and attached the wires directly to the fuse panel, which is 12v of course.

It's possible other components were damaged too which you might discover on replacing the transistor. If you've got what it takes to work with SMD's, I wish you luck, and please let us know how it goes.

Phil

Could you please clarify what exactly it is you did that burned the camera? 5v is USB voltage whilst 12v is the voltage used in the car cigarette socket. I plugged my camera through both and all works fine. I take it the car cable camera came with (cigarette socket->mini USB) converts 12v to 5v?

I installed it directly to 12V.

"parklawn" explained it the best.

Hello guys.
thanks for the comments.

The value of this transistor is still a mystery for me.
I promise to update you about the fix as soon as i'll find some details about this littel transistor.

THANKS ALOT,
AMIT COHEN

Just saw this thread. You don't say if your camera is a G1W or a G1W-H but anyway I took my still open G1W from the box and the board is exactly the same: S1088_M_Ver1.0, the number to the right of the version number is also 1438 and it has the same Samsung chip. The reference of the transistor is 662K.

Just saw this thread. You don't say if your camera is a G1W or a G1W-H but anyway I took my still open G1W from the box and the board is exactly the same: S1088_M_Ver1.0, the number to the right of the version number is also 1438 and it has the same Samsung chip. The reference of the transistor is 662K.

THANK YOU BRO !!!
The two middle numbers were smoked, i already new that the first digit is "6" and the last letter is "K". so you gave me the right value !
next week i'll replace it and update you all.

THANKS MAN!

Hello my friends!

update:

I replaced the damaged transistor, and the camera still doesn't work.
I think that another component had been smoked :\
But i dont give up yet, I dont care about the camera anymore, it bacame an ego games between me and the problem.
Hope to update you soon :)

Thanks alot to all of you!
Have a great day, and never ever install your cameras to direct 12V !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

Back