G1WH Can't keep date - battery is new

patryk85

Reaction score
Country
Poland
G1WH do not keep date. Battery is almost new, even after day or two I could turn on camera and watch records without power supply. Date is lost usually after half day. There isn't any other problem, settings are keep.
Maybe there is another internal battery, like in version with capacitor, which keeps date?

No, there isnt any cell battery or any space for it.

There's plenty of room on the PCB for the kind of battery @estore009 is talking about. Many cameras have a small button cell battery that operates the RTC (Real Time Clock) that keeps the time and date on your camera working properly.

While these photos are not from a G1WH, the battery will look the same. Pop open your camera and see if there is a small round silver battery. If you find one, then replacing it will likely fix your problem.

teardown.jpg

rtccell.jpg

Not certain about the "H" model but many variations exist in the G1W/x cams and with or without supercaps, some have the RTC 'coil cell' battery while others do not. This type of fault is not uncommon in the cams lacking a RTC and AFAIK nobody ever discovered a cause or a fix. Probably best to get another cam.

Phil

there's were maybe 6 or more different versions of this camera (with battery, plus a couple that used caps) from different suppliers, I don't recall any of the battery versions of this camera ever having an RTC battery though, would be rare if it did, no harm in opening it up and having a look, you never know

At this point in time I'd just move on to something newer. The 70mai Smart cam, the "Lite" from the same company, the Aukey DR05, the DDPai Mola M3, and the B1W are all in a similar price range and for a bit more the B2W does 2K. Never been a better time for budget-friendly cams and some mid-price cams offer exceptional values too.

Phil

Thank you for all your responses. I was looking for cell battery like in G1WC thread and I haven't found it on motherboard. See my photos.
As @SawMaster suggest, it is good idea to buy new one. G1WH works for me about 7 years - during this time I've changed main battery 2 or 3 times. Funny part was that, I hit one which has problem with starting when cold (I bought three copies the same time but only mine has this problem).

Attachments

• IMG_6608.JPG
    IMG_6608.JPG
    548.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6610.JPG
    IMG_6610.JPG
    434.5 KB · Views: 6
Seven years of service from a G1WH is pretty good! I'd say you got your money's worth. If it were me I would probably buy a new one at the point, except now there are better cameras on the market in the same price range that you might want to consider. You might also benefit from looking into one with a super-capacitor.

Back