G1WH creates corrupted MOV files

cars4boys

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi. On a recent 1 hour trip my G1WH created some MOV files that are unreadable in Windows Media Player. Roughly the first 15 minutes (5 recordings) were fine. Then all files after that are corrupted. I use loop recording and a 3 minute interval. The files are approx 160 mb in size. I use 720p and 30fps. I use a 32 gb micro sd card. It is only half full. The error message is:

'Windows Media Player cannot play this file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Corrupt_file_msg.PNG
    Corrupt_file_msg.PNG
    74.9 KB · Views: 8
Hi. On a recent 1 hour trip my G1WH created some MOV files that are unreadable in Windows Media Player. Roughly the first 15 minutes (5 recordings) were fine. Then all files after that are corrupted. I use loop recording and a 3 minute interval. The files are approx 160 mb in size. I use 720p and 30fps. I use a 32 gb micro sd card. It is only half full. The error message is:

'Windows Media Player cannot play this file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
The file size is correct, you should check the files with Media Info to see if all the video and audio specs are there and if they're correct. Have you tried a different player?

You might have a counterfeit SDHC card. You need to use H2TestW or FakeFlashTest.

But you can quickly establish suspicion with the following before utilized either program. You can copy and paste your files to your hard drive. If the transfer speeds crash to a crawl, like around 2 Megabytes per second when the corrupted files begin being transferred, the card is not as advertised. I know because I just realized I had such a card three years after the fact. Only 2GBs of usable space. The other 30 GBs never was usable.

15 files times 164, 868 is 2472720 kilobytes, or 2.35 gigabytes. I'm sorry, but it seems like you've been had like I was.

Last edited:
Back