G1WH deformed plastic and not recording

Datsun72

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I purchased a G1WH from estore009 and noticed 2 issues. The first issue was the camera last recorded on Feb 2016, the second issue is the upper portion of the camera has deformed from the sunlight. Are these common issues? I might consider getting another cam as I feel very uncomfortable with nothing being recorded since Feb.

Thanks!

Not sure quite what happened to your G1WH but best practice is to check your video integrity far more often than every three months so as to avoid unpleasant surprises.

You're right, I should have checked it more often. I was so used to it working all the time that I stopped checking. On another note, is it typical for the plastic to get deformed?

You're right, I should have checked it more often. I was so used to it working all the time that I stopped checking. On another note, is it typical for the plastic to get deformed?

The G1W series has been known to fail all of a sudden (mine did) but I've not heard of any getting hot enough to deform. Certainly it could happen depending on the ambient conditions.

Back