G1WH Freezing

yoyogu

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have a problem with my dashcam where it stops recording without notice. The dashcam still shows that it's recording (red blinking light), but no video actually gets recorded. I noticed this issue when reviewing my footage and noticed a discrepancy in recording time. When I attempt to playback the last .MOV file, it shows it as corrupt.

My conclusion is during the recording process, something went wrong where it causes the current footage to mess-up or something, but why?

I'm using a 64gb Kingston SD Class 10 card from https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B009X0G304
I've tried stock and custom FW (DOD LS300W and DOD LS388W) without any fix.

In addition to this problem, at times my G1WH freezes and requires a hard reset at the side. Freezing as in recording time stops and buttons become non-functional and the only option is to hard reset.

Can anyone chime in on my two problems??

EDIT: Forgot to add that I've formatted the SD card on each of the different FW with no avail

Last edited:
I'd recommend using a 32 gig, class 6 (or 4) card. I had video cutoff issues when using a class 10 card.

With Samsung 32/class 6, no problems at all.

64gb is not fully supported, have you tried a 32gb card?

I haven't tried 32gb yet as I figured I won't be able to recreate the issue - crashing really happens randomly.

For example. Today, I had my device freeze once in the afternoon and the rest of the night it was fine.

I suppose I will try a 32gb and will report back with that.

In the mean time, any other possible fixes/solutions?

isn't that the point though?

oops, I mean my daily usage exceeds the card recording time - so if there's an issue of card not recording within the ~4hr period - I wouldn't know because the footage would likely be overwritten

I had the freezing problem regardless of which card I used. I ended up returning the camera and getting a replacement - which works perfectly.

Can anyone chime in on my two problems??

EDIT: Forgot to add that I've formatted the SD card on each of the different FW with no avail

Hi
I face the exact same thing. Blinking red light. Actually it's just one and the same problem. What happens is that once in a while, the unit freezes. That file will then be corrupted. As you mentioned, a hard reset will solve the problem... until it happens again. You will notice there are some empty directories in the card too.
In fact, if you cut the power, the G1W will not shut down and continue to run until the battery runs out. That's why you will notice upon startup the unit is drained of battery.
I believe it's because 64GB is not officially supported. I had no such problems with 32 GB cards. So what I would do nowadays is to keep the LCD on, and upon noticing the G1W has frozen, do the hard reset. It's a random occurrence, maybe once a week. I can live with that.

Back