G90 3D Print Adapter for Polarizer Filter

mandoco77

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
G90C Ambarella A7LA70 & BlackVue DR650
I made a special ring to fit a 37mm polarizing filter for my G90
I'll post the latest photos in real conditions.
The result is perfect without vignetting.
Later I would provide a link if you want order the 3D model with Polarizer filter

983431ambarella3.gif

708520G90PFBeforep.jpg

742313G90PFAfterp.jpg

489334G90PFBefore2.jpg

215470G90PFAfter2.jpg

283818G90PFBefore4p.jpg

489580G90PFAfter4p.jpg

Last edited:
nice, but is a little bit spongy. Maybe is it better to change the polymer ?

Last edited:
It's possible to have a smoother finish with same polymer but it is even more expensive and I do not think it's necessary.
The advantage of this polymer is that it allows you to fix the filter on the G90 smoothly without scratching the plastic.
The total cost (Polarizer UV Filter + support) will be around 30 €

Speaking of 3D printing services, here in the US, - UPS (United Parcel Service) announced just a few days ago that they will be offering 3D printing nation-wide in 100 locations. This is the beginning of a trend that will open this technology up to the masses.

http://www.theupsstore.com/small-business-solutions/Pages/3D-printing.aspx -September 22-26 is 3D print week!
Now cheapest 3d printer from china cost about 400-450 dollars, how long it takes these to come every home appliance.

Now cheapest 3d printer from china cost about 400-450 dollars, how long it takes these to come every home appliance.

I agree. At some point you'll be able to order something online and your 3D printer will spit it out like a Star Trek replicator.

Last edited:
Hi Guys
Can someone tell me where I can get this special ring please?

From what I see, you have 3 solutions:
  • 1) ordering from EDR http://www.edr-auto.fr/shop/ambarella/66-g90-polarizer-filter-pro-support.html and pay 30 € in France (for outside, probably it'll cost more because of transport): 30 €++
  • 2) designing your own adapter using SolidWorks, Catia or, why not, the free Google Sketchup. Then, if you don't have a 3D printer, find someone in Poland to print your adapter. Also, find a CPL filter. All this story may cost less than 30 €.
  • 3) use similar methods as other users have used.
Some time ago I searched for a lens protection (to avoid lens scratches and pushing the lenses inside). I found the perfect cap from a deo spray whose diameter was slightly increased using a hair-dryer and a cap from a WD40. You could also use a hot air gun or hot water. Don't forget to pierce the cap to make sure no air is trapped inside.
MrSWgQSsDdkimE1w

iBLpTSUgNtfSMYzg

In order to connect the CPL on the dashcam you'll need some adapters. I chose the 52mm CPL to make sure there were no problems due to wide angle lens.
I bought 2 metal adapters 30 to 52 mm, paying 1.60 €/item (shipping included); Today they cost 3.42 € + 1.40€ (shipping) .

I'll also buy two others adapters 34 to 52 mm Today one costs 1.32 €.

This is how the 30 to 52 mm step ring fits on the cap:
KOBytjiLtkmFxbzm
3PB64yOtBaEJ7M7v

Next is to cut the part marked in red and screw in the adapter. I could also glue the cap and the adapter together (I don't mind).
The cap is easy to remove and put it back, the only problem is: I don't have any other cap available ...when I had, I throw them away, so now I'll have to buy another deo spray :D

As you can see the total cost is quite low and the result will not be so bad. You can also sandpaper the cap and paint it black, etc. With rest on the money you can buy CPL and UV filters on your choice.

Hi mandoco77, G90 has an ultrawide fov of 170degrees.. Would it be better if the cpl is 47mm or 52mm so as not to affect the framing sze?

Last edited:
30 € = 90TL. Bizim Click çok aşırı Pahalı Bir Fiyatı var. polarize Filitre Click

image.jpg image.jpg Here is my G90 with adapter ring 37mm to 46mm plus Nisi cpl filter.. The 37mm adapter fits well with enough spacing for a double adhessive tape...

The cost: converted from Philippine Peso to US Dollar
Adapter ring- US$7
CPL filter- US$20

Last edited:
Do you think a 34mm adapter would fit the G90?

€ 30 is too expensive. (€ 30 = 90 TL.)
is almost camera price does not take this product at this price.

Back