G90-7S and on-screen speed indication...

Bubbah

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
G90, G90-7S, G50, G55W, A118, CDV300X
I spent a week testing the G90-7S which is still a great camera (full review here) but I had the following remarks:

- The speed is printed on the video recording beside the "stamps" and there's no way to get rid of it.
It is fine to have that information in the video data, but it should be at least optional on screen.
This is with the firmware G90-ZX-A770-785-S-H.
Strangely I've see nobody complaining about this on the forum. Am I the only one finding it annoying?

Fragment01-G90-7S-SpeedCheck-2304.MP4%2B-%2BVLC%2Bmedia%2Bplayer-16-16-15.jpg

- The sound quality is now excellent, but the USB power adapter creates a constant background noise in the video recording (disappears once unplugged). This is a sample video I made showing the problem.

- Like many, I also regret that Dome didn't come up with a 3M sticker mounting bracket, with a GPS connector on the base.

I hope that someone from Dome is still watching this place and will react.

Last edited:
I've visited your website last year, which was quite useful to find more details about this dashcam.
Still, where did you find the features: FCWS, FCMD, LLW and DDA in the G90's menu ?

I suspect that all these features are turned on together with the "LDWS Detect".
All I've seen from them is "Low Light"(LLW) and "Frontal Car" (FCWS) on screen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M G90 20
Hogan G90 7
Back