G90 A7LA70 Collision Warning / Firmware / GPS

switch128

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Long time lurker, first time poster. I just received my G90 (A7LA70) with GPS receiver from GearBest. I'm liking it so far, but had a few questions for which I cannot find the answer to in the existing threads.

The camera has Forward Collision Warning System and Lane Departure Warning System. In the menu, I only see the option to enable LDWS. Does enabling this option enable the FCWS as well?

The manual does indicate how to move the lines in order to calibrate the FCWS/LDWS but it doesn't hint at what to calibrate them to? Searching the forum yielded one result suggesting the bottom line should be moved to align with the hood and the top line with the horizon. Could someone confirm?

Lastly, the camera shipped with firmware g90-zx-a770-785-s-h. If I look at some of the other firmware files available, this seems to be the latest available. Is there a better / more stable one for this particular model?

Thanks Tomeks. Is that a later version than the one I currently have? The naming convention isn't the same, so I can't tell. I also see there is PAL in the name, does that mean there is no NTSC and this is a Europe only firmware?

The camera has Forward Collision Warning System and Lane Departure Warning System. In the menu, I only see the option to enable LDWS. Does enabling this option enable the FCWS as well?
Check again when the GPS is connected and you have signal.

I'm going to necro this thread, I have the same question and it doesn't seem to have been resolved here. Any updates?

Hi Matt,

Not that I've seen. The speaker on the dashcam is so underpowered, that more than half the time you wouldn't hear the warning anyway. I just disabled the feature. It's disappointing, but the dashcam itself is doing what it's supposed to do.

I'm going to necro this thread, I have the same question and it doesn't seem to have been resolved here. Any updates?

The speaker on the dashcam is so underpowered
Maybe amplifying a little bit "Danger_LDWS.pcm" or changing it with another sound may solve the problem.

Back