G90 battery replacement.

DeLorean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Front: G90 A7LA70 with GPS / Rear: G1WH
Hi guys,
My G90 is just over a year old now and as expected the internal battery is now very near the end of it's life (low battery warning before shut down).
Being exposed to the bitterly cold Slovak winters and blisteringly hot summer have no doubt reduced the batteries lifespan considerably.
The choices for replacing the battery are like with like or with a capacitor.
Has anyone replaced their G90 battery with a capacitor?
If so, is the camera still able to retain it's date and time for a reasonable period without external power?
Does anyone have the dimensions of the original G90 battery.
I had my G90 open only a few weeks back, but the battery was still okay so didn't take the opportunity to measure the dimensions of the battery... sods law :confused:
Thanks very much :)

After sitting on my windscreen for over 1½ years my battery finally gave out... it's slightly puffed up to say the least :D
Replacing the battery in these cameras is inexpensive and and only take a few minutes :)

20160706_183245.jpg

The front of my camera has been bleached by the sun and is now a nice rich copper colour... much nicer than black :D
The video footage the camera records is still as good as the day it was bought :)

20160706_192243.jpg

So did you already replace the battery? If so, could you post a link to where you bought it. I'm sure others would benefit.

The original battery is a Li-Poly 303035 3.7V 250mAh 33mmX32mmX4mm.
I replaced the original with a 150mAh 302030 battery as I had a good quality one going spare :)
Although the replacement I used has a smaller capacity than the original, it appears to run the camera for longer than the original ever did.
I suspect the original battery’s capacity was overstated as with many cheap Li-ion batteries.
The battery is just stuck to the PCB with a double sided sticky pad.
You can easily find these batteries on Ebay.
When removing the old battery take your time as its firmly stuck directly on top of quite a few surface mount components and you don’t want to pull one off or fracture the PCB in the process :eek:
Have fun :D

Last edited:
Well that battery didn't last long :confused:
This summer was quite a hot one and within a few months the replacement battery puffed up like a small balloon and has completely failed :confused:
I do cover the front and rear windows with external reflective sun shades if I do not need the cameras to protect the car, but the few days the camera were left running in the sun obviously took it's toll on the battery.
I've just replaced it with a new quality 303035 polymer lithium battery 3.7V 350mAh (100mAh larger than the original).
Hopefully this battery should keep it going for another 1½ years :D
The video footage the camera records is still as good as the day it was bought :)

Back