G90 is Popular + Plus New Function (Sept. 13, 2014)

G90 vs G1W, which will you buy if price difference is only $10?

• G90 if price $55

Votes: 20 100.0%
  • G1W if price $45

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fandy

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
DAB201, DAB202, DAB205, DAB208, G90A, G98C, G50, G55, G1WH
In the past 4 months, I've be on holiday leave.
I am so surprised but proud to find G90 is so popular to all in DASHCAM TALK.
Thank you for all diligent and kind guys already make a lot of comparison of video details. There is an old Chinese saying "景上添花". (Add flowers on the scene)

Last edited:
Are you still working for Dome? What is wrong with you?

The G90 videos looked terrible ( and 1080p @ ~12 mbps!? ).

Show me the screenshot picture you think it is terrible. 3Q

In the past 4 months, I've be on holiday leave.
I am so surprised but proud to find G90 is so popular to all in DASHCAM TALK.
I cannot stop sharing the Sample Video here, even though I see a lot of diligent and kind guys already make a lot of comparison of video details. There is an old Chinese saying "景上添花". (Add flowers on the scene)

G90 Sample Video download links:

A7 vs Novatek 96650 Video download links:

The video links may be valid for a few days, if you cannot download it, pls contact fandy@szdome.com skype: dome_fandy.
Will be pleasure to help ~ ;)
Welcome back @Fandy :)

Are you the main SZDome contact on DCT Forum now? I've been dealing with Doreen in your absence.

BTW - I've downloaded both sets of G90 video footage you've left links for to see how they compared with what I am getting with mine. Something is very wrong, they are pixelated in numerous places (especially the first set of footage in the Day Test under the trees) and they do not run smoothly.
I think you ought to remove this link here and anywhere else you've posted on DCT, as it is certainly not representative of what the G90 can achieve day or night.:(

Last edited:
Welcome back @Fandy :)

Are you the main SZDome contact on DCT Forum now? I've been dealing with Doreen in your absence.

BTW - I've downloaded both sets of G90 video footage you've left links for to see how they compared with what I am getting with mine. Something is very wrong, they are pixelated in numerous places (especially the first set of footage in the Day Test under the trees) and they do not run smoothly.
I think you ought to remove this link here and anywhere else you've posted on DCT, as it is certainly not representative of what the G90 can achieve day or night.:(

Thank you for your advice! After you see my reply. I will delete it half an hour later.

@Fandy ,
Do you have Firmware R442M for the G90 A70 chipset camera? I am running R354M on the one I have and I am told R442M is the latest FW update.

Can you update kindly?

-Marc

@Fandy ,
Do you have Firmware R442M for the G90 A70 chipset camera? I am running R354M on the one I have and I am told R442M is the latest FW update.

Can you update kindly?

-Marc

I've posted this reply to you elsewhere:-
.....A word of caution, before you go flashing a different FW/IQ, please make sure it is the right one for your G90 A7LA70D.
The latest FW/IQ number that I am aware of is r441MP, but that was definitely for the A7LA30 version of the G90.
It's quite possible that you already have the latest for your G90 A7LA70D. You could drop @JooVuu a quick message to find out.
Or you could contact SZDome directly....:D LOL

Last edited:
Cheers mate. Right, so I have been messaging Doreen for a couple days and no response. it may be because I purchased the G90 from another vendor and she's upset at a brotha?? ;) OR could be the Korean Thanksgiving that's keeping her away, but I think she is just being rude... :p

Cheers mate. Right, so I have been messaging Doreen for a couple days and no response. it may be because I purchased the G90 from another vendor and she's upset at a brotha?? ;) OR could be the Korean Thanksgiving that's keeping her away, but I think she is just being rude... :p
Doreen's always very helpful and professional. She'll respond as soon as she can. She's either away or extremely busy. ;)

Glad you managed to track down the latest FW/IQ via @JooVuu :)

I hear you but the reason why I am digging @Pier28 is SERVICE AFTER THE SALE! :D After you throw your hard earned money (Well my money is hard earned, some of you cats may live the high life and don't need to work ;) ) at someone for a product, you want to have service to go along with it, and after I stated to her I went with another vendor for the G90, *POOH* no more responses to my messages about other questions. Poor timing maybe??

In contrast, @Pier28 has messaged me at the WEE HOURS in the morning (1-2am !!!!!!!!!!!!!) answering questions! I picked up the GPS module from him and asked if he could get it in the post on that day, and BOOM I had a "shipped" email within minutes and track # followed.

THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE!

@JooVuu has been EXTREMELY generous with messages and help! This is why I went with him on the purchase.

If I was representing a company and I knew I was going to be off the site and unable to answer potential questions form perspective buyers, I would get someone to step in to field messages OR just post up that I will be away for an extended time due to holiday, vacation, whatever.

Even Esotere (spelling), the fleabay company I picked up the G8000L from, MESSAGED ME to say they will be delayed in responses to messages due to the Korean holiday!

See my point? The sale does not stop after you get my money or if I say I went with another vendor--I still may hit you up because you may have something else I may want to purchase. Don't burn bridges as the Americans say...

No disrespect to Doreen, but could have sent a message or auto-away response to say she is out of the office for an extended period.

/rant off

Files with initial firmware have 15.8 mbps not 12.

I've been enjoying my G90/BL950. The only thing I really have a problem with is the mount. Hopefully this is still being looked into. I would love to see a rear view mirror mount come along or the camera moved over to the T slot design. Mine tends to fall off a bit.

That and the out of focus heat issue some of us have been experiencing. I have not had a chance to go over the newer A70 posted footage yet though to see if this still happens.

I've been enjoying my G90/BL950. The only thing I really have a problem with is the mount. Hopefully this is still being looked into. I would love to see a rear view mirror mount come along or the camera moved over to the T slot design. Mine tends to fall off a bit.

That and the out of focus heat issue some of us have been experiencing. I have not had a chance to go over the newer A70 posted footage yet though to see if this still happens.

For rear window, a fixed small mount is great as there is no need to move the dashcam often.
G90's mount is still shorter and that's good.
Z7 is much smaller camera but the mount is so long it hangs much lower than the G90.

Heat focus is bad but video still has readable details.
A7 also has same hardware so I don't think heat focus issue is even on the fix list.

I wasn't sure I thought maybe they tried a new lens or something to fix the issue when they put the new chip in.

I hope G90 price drop is coming not with using cheaper hardware ( hope I am wrong ), like it happened with G1W, where some factories started using cheaper parts ( hardware ) and quality went down compare to first few month releases.
I would rather keep G90 resellers price 60-70usd for G90, but making sure it is built with high quality parts and high QC.

P.S. - those are just my suggestions. I am always stay alert when see rapid price drop.

I hope G90 price drop is coming not with using cheaper hardware ( hope I am wrong ), like it happened with G1W, where some factories started using cheaper parts ( hardware ) and quality went down compare to first few month releases.
I would rather keep G90 resellers price 60-70usd for G90, but making sure it is built with high quality parts and high QC.
I'd like to echo this as well.
The G90 has a few small problems as is. (Heat/out of focus) We all love getting a good deal, but if the G90 tanks in quality due to a price drop with cheaper internals used it is not worth it.

I'd like to see the price drop as the current technology used gets out there and becomes well developed to the point where it has been out for awhile and becomes cheaper to manufacture. Not cheaper parts used to race to the bottom.

In a perfect DashCam world I would love to see some of what was a great model lower in price because it becomes cheaper to make using the same parts and better things come along.

I'd love to see things like the DVR-207 fade out and a real G1W end up at around 40 dollars without tanking in quality to give more people access to a decent camera and not even think about buying a knock off in a few years while everyone who wants something better will look towards an A7LA device as they become as developed and solid as the A2.

@Fandy ,

Can you update kindly?

-Marc
Marc, please let me know the biggest Resolution of the device on your hand, like hilts said, I have to know what CPU of the device on your hand.

P.S. - those are just my suggestions. I am always stay alert when see rapid price drop.

Hehe... Niko, I have the same wishes like you. Stay good performance and quality. That is best for all of us!
But sb always ask for and prefer cheaper. That is why it happened.

Hehe... Niko, I have the same wishes like you. Stay good performance and quality. That is best for all of us!
But sb always ask for and prefer cheaper. That is why it happened.

There's no future for poor quality product, if it had a better mount and a higher quality lens it would be a better product, there are buyers that will pay the extra it costs to do the product right, if you lower the price to meet the greedy buyers demands it won't end well for anyone, enough factories already making this mistake

Back