G90 sound issues

Sabe

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Dash Cam
G90, GT300W, Mobius A, C
In many (if not all) video samples of G90 sound is very bad, actually microphone is very sensitive and it can pick up very weak sounds, but at the same time it can not adjust sound levels near normal and above.
So, i ask is this something that can be adjusted or is this just something that G90 owner have to live with? I don't mind that but if one wants to record sound then G90 is not good choice.
Here is sample, but be careful, volume is very loud. Inside car volume was good rock n roll level, loud but not senseless.

I seem to be having an issue like this as well, but not this bad. I have not listened to any music parts in my videos but when I talk is sounds a little scratchy in playback. I'm still on the Trunk:SVN firmware I think it is.

It might be firmware issue, but i changed fw to that one from Blackview BL950, it's SVN r4396 and same problem continues.
Otherwise i can't tell is that firmware better or worse than original.

I had similar sounds across all firmwares so far - I just put it down to a dodgy mic in mine but sounds like it's more widespread! Maybe like has been said it's too sensitive?

hello every one, G90 sound issue was from the first batch of mass production, from the second batch, third batch... there is no such problem any more.
for the goods which have been shipped already, we've improved the firmware to improve such problem.
pls send an email to me dome.doreen@gmail.com, inform me the fireware version number of your G90, I'll send the updated fireware to you.

Hi Doreen, is there a newer version than r125MP now please?

hello Sabe, I have not received your email, today I've received several emails to ask for updated firmware, and I've sent one by one.
pls resend an email to me dome.doreen@gmail.com

Thank you Doreen now i got file from your link.
To me it seems that this is slightly better but problem is still there.
This is very strange because in quiet home environment sound is mostly good if there is only one sound source, but when i take camera in my car and start driving everything changes again. For some strange way camera can handle one noise source well, but when there is background noise behind it goes back to bad sound quality again.
I'm ok with it but i think you should continue to solve this problem.

reverent, I think you've got the firmware from me, right?
Certainly have thank-you and just installed and updated to r328MP :)

Hi there,
this is just to confirm that the sound is better with R328Mp than with the initial firmware that came with my new G90 (R3540M).
I believe I have a recent batch as it was ordered last week.
Cheers

Edit: well...when the ambient noise level rise (accelerating, more road noise, auto-radio adjusting volume to speed,...), the sound becomes saturated. I posted this short video to show the 2 situations: At the beginning, when leaving the parking, the sound is clear, things get bad once accelerating. Still better than the factory firmware but far from the sound quality I get with another model (G55W).

Last edited:
@Doreen
Is there a replacement mic available that we can replace on our own?

Hello all, as mentioned, G90 which has sound problem was from the first batch of mass production, we provide new firmware to
improve the problem, but cannot promise 100% solve the problem, hope you would understand.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ke0m2p
Hallo, Doreen. I send you 2 e-mails with ask to send me newer software for DVR G 90. I have old software SVN r125PM. Please. I will be very grateful. And please, write step by step how to update software.
Best regards, Roman.

I think about the sound problem, like the GT300W, is related to the microphone issue, can not be fixed by FW update.
@Doreen, The firmware version number is same or not for different batch?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y G90 14
Feitelijk G90 79
R G90 17
Back