G90 sound issues

The sound is best with the firmware from the r551MP but that is for the A7LA50 camera and crashes on the A7LA30 after a while.

Hopefully a new firmware will come out for the A7LA30 version from @Fandy or @Doreen

This is the newest firmware (r441mp) we have from Dome for the A7LA30 version so far and is better sound:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/qkb536
The sound could be better, but quite a bit. And very, very far from normal sound, so that you can hear the voice of the person at the time when the car is moving.

I kinda think that they could do more, because after testing a7la50 FW sound was ok, with same hardware...

So that firmware works with A30 without any issue and improves sound?

The sound was much better with the new firmware - I've got a newG90C on the way from Dome so I'm intrigued to see how that compares.

Sunny don't load that r551MP firmware as it's massively unstable - the A7LA30 just doesn't have the grunt that the higher end chip does and it keeps freezing and locking up after a few mins. It sounds better though so proves that the A7LA30 devices can be improved :)

The sound was much better with the new firmware - I've got a newG90C on the way from Dome so I'm intrigued to see how that compares.

Sunny don't load that r551MP firmware as it's massively unstable - the A7LA30 just doesn't have the grunt that the higher end chip does and it keeps freezing and locking up after a few mins. It sounds better though so proves that the A7LA30 devices can be improved :)
So they really need to work on A30 firmware based on A50 to improve sound.
Dome, you reading this? ;)

They've probably already done it mate as they're up to firmware r553MP now - they just need to release the firmware for the a7la30 on here :)

It's a National Holiday out there so not expecting to hear much from them until next week now!

I've recently received a G90 Ambarella A7LA70 with GPS and found that the supplied power adaptor creates a horrible squeal on the audio.
Recording with no power connected the audio was fine.
I decided to use the try the USB power adapter from my old dash cam and the noise when away.
The problem of poor power adaptors causing audio problems has plagued many different dash cam manufactures... you would've thought they'd' supply better adapters by now?

I think a lot of them are working to a cost these days as I've had various problems with them from lots of different companies now - just had a Shadow one die last week on me!

I use two of these in the car now:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00E1UWA4O
Then just hook up USB cables from those to the dash cams, and everything including AM radio is much better as it had a nasty squeal before.

For the price these cameras cost it's no surprise ;-)
I'm using a nice Blackberry USB power adapter with a long Blackberry micro USB charging cable that I use for my original dash cam setup that I made myself over 2½ years ago for only 99P :-D
Its recorded may thousands of hours of footage and after running in the hot sun a freezing conditions (its lived permanently on the windscreen) in both the UK and Slovakia, it was time to upgrade to HD!
I've had to use footage from it several times and it's saved me literally thousands of pounds!
I wonder how long my G90 will last?

Attachments

• IMGP7025.jpg
    IMGP7025.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Don't have the GPS option on the g90 a70 I use. I use the supplied USB cord connected to a Lukas 290 and I don't have any buzzing noises in the audio

I guess it could be CAN bus noise getting through?
I know my old Renault Laguna II Sport Tourer produced lots of data noise on the 12v, but I'm not sure whether my Seat Alhambra uses CAN bus networking?

I've the can bus system in the ride also....

My Alhambra is a 2005 model so no CAN bus.
It must be something else producing interference on the power and/or the filtering in the supplied USB adapter isn't up to scratch.

I had some really nasty AM interference with the Shadow adaptors but to be honest now I've finally stripped that out it's gone.

I just have two of these in the car:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00E1UWA4O
I got mine either from Amazon or e-outlet - it seems to default to a different seller now but I'd usually go with the Amazon one just to be sure it's legit.

The two of those give me four 2.1a USB connections so I can power my phone and dash cams - well until my Lukas unit arrives at which point the permanent dash cams will be powered from that :)

hello

i need firmware for G90 on A7LA50 + GPS with good sound

thank you

thank you
in this firmware new function - time laps, maybe it useful if you have small SD card
but sound is not good ((

Hello everyone!
Do not hear anything about the new firmware G90 a7la30?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y G90 14
Feitelijk G90 79
R G90 17
Back