G90C bricked by 12vdc

tomeks

Reaction score
Country
Poland
By mistake I've connected my camera to 12vdc :confused:. Now it desn't start up. When I connect supply the blue led only lights and nothing more. Do You think that it is chance to repair it? Can be damaged transistor, chipset?

The odds on repairing it are not good, however, you should open it up and have a look at what's burned. If you have the skills required, you may be one of the lucky ones and replace what's necessary. I read about a guy who fried his GoPro and made a valiant attempt at repair, you can follow his saga here http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/managed-to-burn-out-my-gopro

Do You think that it is chance to repair it? Can be damaged transistor, chipset?
... the best is to check the board. I don't think the power from the charger feeds directly the dashcam, so there should be another DC-DC converter somewhere on the board. If you're lucky you fried only this part.

Thanks fellows. I'll inform You how the case ended.

Definitely not a DC/DC - if then a linear regulator. But there's USB in the cam that needs 5V. The supply is most likely directly connected to the A7. Applying 12V to that will fry it. I have very little hope unless you're willing to replace the A7. It's made in a 32nm CMOS process, which is known not to be happy at all about unintentional 12V ;)

Definitely not a DC/DC - if then a linear regulator.
No one said it's a switched mode converter.
The supply is most likely directly connected to the A7. Applying 12V to that will fry it. I have very little hope unless you're willing to replace the A7. It's made in a 32nm CMOS process, which is known not to be happy at all about unintentional 12V
Do you have any datasheet information (e.g., input voltage ranges) ?

1.8v or 3v
Some data:
The A7L / A7L(M) chip includes several fail-safe pins that can have active signals at or below 3.6-V level when the A7L / A7L(M) is powered down.
and then
Fail-Safe Pins which can have active signals at or below 3.3 V when the A7L / A7L(M) is powered down.
and
Power for power management module (3.6-V maximum). Connected to external battery/adaptor clamping circuit.

So a 3.6 V input voltage.

Last edited:
Whatever the voltages are they are stepped down from the 5v input, the regulator IC won't handle 12v though

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bo$s G90 3
Pianoman144 G90 1
camerahanhtrinhvn.com G90 6
V G90 2
B G90 25
Back