G98C / GS98C - 5 different mounts??

camarosource

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,

I am interested in purchasing the Dome GS98C WITHOUT the GPS (I have no need for it and would be a waste of money for me). I have some questions please first.

1. I read that would be considered the "G98C" ?

2. Where can I buy the "G98C"? I seem to only see the "GS98C" however have heard in youtube video's and read online that the NON-GPS version is "G98C"?

3. Is the ONLY difference between "GS98C" and "G98C" is the fact that the later comes with no GPS? are the specs of the camera or anything else different?

4. I want to confirm it's a MAX 64 GIG memory card/TF ?

5. After much research, there appears to be 5 different mounts for the G98C / GS98C. OLDER, and NEWER version. A youtube video said that the there was an update made to the mount due to issues and so I want to know WHAT is the NEWEST mount?

Here are 5 different mounts that I see being available. They seem to be at random in each box. But I want to know EXACTLY which I am getting if I buy one.

MOUNT 1 - Locks to camera, rotate dial to lock mount, GPS built into mount

MOUNT 2 - SIMILAR to #1 except that there is no GPS built onto mount (Separate GPS mounted to windshield and plugged into top of camera)

MOUNT 3 - I had the DEXORS X7 LI [W/O GPS] (DOME GS90C) and it looks IDENTICAL to mine. NO GPS built into mount. IF mine were to have the GPS it would be separately mounted to windshield and plugged into top of camera. You can also plug in the power cord on TOP of the mount which I really like because no wires to unplug when removing camera (w/o GPS) from car.

MOUNT 4 - ENTIRELY DIFFERENT MOUNT - This one does not have a locking dial. Rather it has a latch that you push to engage the suction cup to the windshield. There is a GPS built into the mount and a collar lock on the ball joint itself unlike ALL the others than are purely friction held. Apparently there is NO LOCK on the actual mount itself when attached to the camera. It is simply slid into the slot and can come loose. I've read this is not a good connector in reviews due to the lack of the lock.

This is a similar to mount on my HP F210 which resulted in a LOT of vibrations in the video (too many joints and moving parts)

MOUNT 5 - SIMILAR to #4 except that there is no GPS built onto mount (Separate GPS mounted to windshield and plugged into top of camera)

1. What is the BEST mount and WHY? I assume #4 and #5 are NOT good as again there are a lot of joints and I would think would result in the same bouncing video with my other dashcam. PLUS the fact that it doesn't even LOCK to the camera and just basically slides into it. So I would then say which of the #1 - #3 are the BEST? and WHY?

2. So my problem is that I want to but the G98C (My understanding is that the GS98C is for the GPS and the G98C is W/O GPS) but I am WORRIED WHICH mount I will get. It almost appears that you can only WAIT AND SEE what comes in the box and that is not what I want to have to deal with. HOW can I ensure that the desired mount comes with the purchase??

I did a live chat with GEARBEST and GEEKBUYING since they both sell them but their customer service is rather LOW from my experience. Talking to 2 different "agents" on both.. After asking them WHICH of the 5 comes in the box and how to be sure I get the one I am wanting, all they did.. ALL 4 agents (makes me almost think they are the same exact company with different domain names) was COPY/PASTE the contents of the box:

Indicating 1 mount comes with the box.. But it is apparent they are not of English speaking accent because they couldn't understand I was not asking HOW MANY or WHAT comes in the box but rather I was asking WHICH ONE comes in the box..

Thanks

Attachments

• dome-gs98c-mounts.jpg
    dome-gs98c-mounts.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 15
You are correct. The GS98C will come with the GPS and the G98C will not. They are exactly the same otherwise. Not sure about the mount. If I recall correctly, the mount in the sample GS98C that I got looked like option 2. I'll check tomorrow to be sure. I don't think you will get one with GPS built into the mount as I think they had issues and now only have separate GPS modules. Unfortunately, your best bet is to ask the seller. Gearbest is a member here, maybe you PM them and ask.

Hi,

I bought the DEXORS X7 LI (Dome G90C) and have a large number of problems (Smoked first time plugged in, chip is really difficult to get it to engage the lock/unlock mechanism to hold/release it, audio is muffled, night video is DARK, sunny weather produces YELLOW tint in video, and the case itself where the chip goes in is open that the LED shows thru the casing.

As a result, I am sending it back (contacted them the next day) to China to have a full refund as part of the 7-day refund warranty.

I have been looking at the G98C (don't want GPS) but now I think I decided to get the NEW DAB205 and the CPL filter from CAPTUREYOURACTION because so far they seem pretty reputable and NOT warehouse based in CHINA.. :)

Hi,

I bought the DEXORS X7 LI (Dome G90C) and have a large number of problems (Smoked first time plugged in, chip is really difficult to get it to engage the lock/unlock mechanism to hold/release it, audio is muffled, night video is DARK, sunny weather produces YELLOW tint in video, and the case itself where the chip goes in is open that the LED shows thru the casing.

As a result, I am sending it back (contacted them the next day) to China to have a full refund as part of the 7-day refund warranty.

I have been looking at the G98C (don't want GPS) but now I think I decided to get the NEW DAB205 and the CPL filter from CAPTUREYOURACTION because so far they seem pretty reputable and NOT warehouse based in CHINA.. :)

buying from @CaptureYourAction is a far better idea, he's easily contactable and will look after any support issues you might have, worth the few extra dollars

Back