Gainstrups drivers tutorial

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
I was out for a short drive and had to brake hard as light turned yellow and then red, only when stopped did i see 2 cops to my right ( was focused on cute girl in stopped car in L turn lane, which are also the reason of my screaming and laughing,,,,, she laughed too as i did my waynes world move while i was screaming )
Got a bit thumb up from the cops for doing the right thing,,,,, only later at home did i see i was doing 67 in a 60 zone and i am sure if i had blown past the yellow they would have stopped me for speeding.

But just go to prove, if you at least try to do the right thing, everyone are happy.
So win - win and i got a cool video for my YT channel as many commenters seem to say BS to stop for yellow.

Cops stopped with their wheels over the stop line - you should send in your dashcam evidence and report them! They should be setting an example.

In my pre dashcam days, I got ticketed for blocking a cross walk. Though I believe I stopped before it and then moved over as I was trying to do a right on red and pulled out a little to see the traffic to my left. Didn't have a cam to prove my point then. Anyway, point made I will stop back of the line.

I have seen a few video where a crash sends a vehicle to the first car stopped at a red. As such I stop about 3 or 4 feet back

I think i was just as much past the line, so i don't complain.
And i dont want to ruin happy cops as there are plenty not happy cops. ( i am told, i don't run in with these guys too often )

Almost nobody stops behind the line here in Orlando. Lately I have been seeing news reports how the police are starting to enforce it, but it's only at certain intersections they will be watching.

Somewhat on topic (topic being a police officer not following the rules of the road) something that happened recently in a city close to Toronto. Police car not turning into the proper lane resulting into a near collision on double left hand turn. Sorry, no youtube or streamable. Direct upload to redditt

Back