Galaxy S9 not connecting to DDPai Mini3. Please Help.

Teratogen

Reaction score
Country
United States
My old phone S7 used to connect no problems now I got S9 and it simply doesn't add the camera. No errors. Sees it in the list when click add camera, tries to add for a little bit then just stops. Tried resetting, WLAN options, nothing works. Any ideas?

Try putting your phone in airplane mode and then try and reconnect camera to the app. I have the Mini 2 and inorder to connect my Samsung Note 8 I have to place it in Airplane mode and then download the videos after it connects to my phone.

Currently mini3 is not compatibile with Android Oreo (S8/S9), you need to use "older" phone to connect with the camera, then please run DDpai App > me > firmware update > DDpai app will notify you that there is a new firmware update avaiable (please do this update).

After firmware update you will be able to connect your S9 with Ddpai mini3 App.

I had the same problem, but after fw update (via my old galaxy s3) problem solved.

With my Note 8 / Oreo I typically do not have WiFi enabled so have to turn that on then confirm it is connected to the Mini3 before I can go into the app and connect to the camera. With the M6 Plus when I open the app and try to connect to the camera I find it enables WiFi for me then connects. I have only connected to the Mini 3 a couple times so perhaps it has not updated it's firmware as Pizdys noted.

I just connected with my old Galaxy S7 and updated camera's firmware. Now my S9 is connecting as well.

Out of the blue it stopped connecting again. I tried multiple things but no luck. Damn it!

Out of the blue it stopped connecting again. I tried multiple things but no luck. Damn it!
Do you have a try after you switch off mobile photo data?

Do you have a try after you switch off mobile photo data?

I did. It didn't work. I got it working again. The key is to enable "Intelligent Network Switching" in "App Advance Settings" under "Me"/"Settings".

try
1. allow ddpai app rights to change network setting etc, connect to wifi etc. (try to play with phone security setting, which app is allow to do what)
2. switch off smart connect to wifi (do not switch wifi points automatically)

hope this help, I am using Oreo 8.0

Back