Galileo live tomorrow

Great news, but 16 years too late (everytime the EU is involved, it ends in desaster; ESA had it planned so good). Still, hardly no appliance available...
Many CellPhones would be ready, if they'd implemented the drivers; so from tomorrow, we can start annoying the cellphone-industry "make some drivers for galileo"...

:-/

As i understand it some GPS gear might use them with a FW update, so it would be nice to see if that include some of the dashcams already on the market.

And i will not argue with your statement about EU :rolleyes: it seem like no matter where in the world if you get a lot of politicians together for something, then incompetence levels go up and timeframes start to slide.

Here today in news.

Danish postal are fined as they are not able to deliver mail on time, even to the loose timeframes we have now with a 5 day delivery for a regular letter.

And then unrelated though i do blame our spineless politicians for this, the gangs fighting for the drug market are now using hand grenades in residential areas.

I dont know why Danes always come off as such happy people, there is a lot of things to be really unhappy about, so i assume it must be all the legal and illegal drugs the Danes consume.

yep, a Qualcom-Press-Release from June reported following Chipsets as "Galileo-Ready", needing only Drivers...

Galileo will be supported on smartphones and compute devices with the appropriate software release on Snapdragon 820, 652, 650, 625, 617, and 435 processors, automotive infotainment solutions utilizing Snapdragon 820A, and telematics and IoT solutions with Snapdragon X16, X12, X7, and X5 LTE Modems, and Qualcomm® 9x15 and MDM6x00 modems.

But then again, we all know how Android-Devices get updates, right... :-/

and yeah... politicians became ...very annoying... too many examples to quoete here, so i won't disturb the thread ;)

Back