Garage Door Interferences & fix

cf7

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
INNOVV..C3. Xiaomi Yi Dashcam
Twice randomly, when I plug in C1 to my Tablet,..my garage door openned by itself..
however, where I'm sitting is where my garage door receiver is..above 1.5 ft away...

Twice randomly, when I plug in C1 to my Tablet,..my garage door openned by itself..
however, where I'm sitting is where my garage door receiver is..above 1.5 ft away...

DOes it happens always when you plug in C1 into Tablet ?
C1 has full aluminium shell, so it should not have electromagnetic interference.
Maybe it's from usb cable ?

DOes it happens always when you plug in C1 into Tablet ?
C1 has full aluminium shell, so it should not have electromagnetic interference.
Maybe it's from usb cable ?
maybe it's the tablet, it would emit more than the Innov

maybe it's the tablet, it would emit more than the Innov

Probably.
I just wondering if not connecting C1 to tablet and operating tablet withot C1 connected, does doors also opening ? Or if try to connect other device to tablet via usb, - what happens then ?

Probably.
I just wondering if not connecting C1 to tablet and operating tablet withot C1 connected, does doors also opening ? Or if try to connect other device to tablet via usb, - what happens then ?

would be a combined effect but the tablet generally has WiFi, Bluetooth etc that emit signals, also the door opener should be code hopping or rolling code which should not be affected unless it's very old tech

would be a combined effect but the tablet generally has WiFi, Bluetooth etc that emit signals, also the door opener should be code hopping or rolling code which should not be affected unless it's very old tech

If tablet with no usb cables connected not affecting door opening, then maybe interference comes when poorly shielded usb cable is connected to usb port from one side and to some device (C1 in this case ) from other side, - this generates some electromagnetic field and matching code that acts on door opening ? :confused:

If tablet with no usb cables connected not affecting door opening, then maybe interference comes when poorly shielded usb cable is connected to usb port from one side and to some device (C1 in this case ) from other side, - this generates some electromagnetic field and matching code that acts on door opening ? :confused:

the USB lead and camera hanging off it may be acting like an antenna

the USB lead and camera hanging off it may be acting like an antenna

yes, but why triggering door opening ? Probably old type door opening system operating on lower not-coded frequency ? :)
I remember 20-25y ago when got first cheap ( fake ? ) wireless home phone working on low frequency, - quite often could "spy" and hear neighbours phone calls, - it was fun for us, - for kids :D

It is old type of garage door opener (almost 20 yrs old) ..no rolling code..
I had C1 plugged in to usb port...I was moving the tablet..
I have my tablet there mosr of the time..no issue
but I think the cable may acts as antenna..and Niko mat be correct any electrical spark will be emitted if the cable is not very well shield. Since My garage door unit is just under my feet 1.5 feet from tablet ..minor signal will trigger it.

Happened again twice while playing .mov with vlc.
I found in my electronic box some snap-on ferrite choke ..hope it helps.

pics..so far so good..

Just to give an update....with the ferrite choke...no more open garage door..
Vendor should think about adding snap on ferrite to the CPU usb cable. or sell the proper fit snap-on ferrite unlike my rig.

Found another choke snap-on type. except it is white..

but works perfectly..just ensure you don't use too large of a choke, it will degrade the data signal too.
I think it is available on ebay.

Last edited:
Back