Garmin 55 - can you change settings when the unit is plugged into a PC

Phildo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Every time I plug my 55 into my laptop, it loads Garmin Express. Is there any way to bypass this and just use the camera as a camera? and let me review and update settings whilst the camera is out of my car?

Not sure of the exact answer. But, I believe due to the 'software' on the card, that's why the Garmin Express activates.
Also, is there not options in the Garmin Express app to make changes? I could have sworn there was. Haven't tried/checked it, in a while...

Garmin supplies two cables with their DashCams. One is "Power only" and the other "Data only". To be able to use the DashCam while connected to the computer you will need "Power only" one.
IMG_20200118_132105.jpg
(Labels are mine)

Thanks for that I’ll try a normal USB cable

Not sure of the exact answer. But, I believe due to the 'software' on the card, that's why the Garmin Express activates.
Also, is there not options in the Garmin Express app to make changes? I could have sworn there was. Haven't tried/checked it, in a while...
No options in the GE desktop app - I’ll try a different USB cable

Try using the Windows tray menu item to "remove" the device. But if you use a USB cable that connects for data, you will have this issue.

Try using the Windows tray menu item to "remove" the device. But if you use a USB cable that connects for data, you will have this issue.
Thx - I’ve given up

Back