Garmin 55 warning on startup removal.

kraken540

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I recently bought this Garmin 55 camera, works well. A few things I don't like, such as the horrendous app and software but the thing that is almost dangerous is the 15 second long warning prompt that you have to agree or wait until it times out every time you turn the car on.

Not recording for 15 seconds every time is quite dangerous for a dashcam... Is there any way at all to remove that?

Thanks in advance,

The camera is recording during the warning message so you're not loosing anything.

The camera is recording during the warning message so you're not loosing anything.
Well I did a little test this morning, I started counting from 1 and and then played back the video. The video started with me reaching 17, so not sure it records during that period. Also the red light isn't on.

I'll try again tomorrow just to see

Hm, that's strange. The red light is definitely on on mine (US model)

Ok, apparently I don't know what I'm talking about. The warning screen cannot be bypassed and camera doesn't record while the screen is up (15 seconds or so)
I confused it with the number of parked recordings screen which shows up after the warning. The difference is that the camera is recording while this screen is up.
Sorry about the confusion.

Ok, apparently I don't know what I'm talking about. The warning screen cannot be bypassed and camera doesn't record while the screen is up (15 seconds or so)
I confused it with the number of parked recordings screen which shows up after the warning. The difference is that the camera is recording while this screen is up.
Sorry about the confusion.
Hmm, I might return the camera if that's the case. Those 15 seconds might be important... I've had many dashcam but none had that warning, Garmin should implement a way to disable it

" A lot " of dashcams have some form of welcome chime or even spoken message, but it do sound like that Garmin have a unusual long startup period.
Most dashcams i have start up pretty fast, and to get to 15 seconds or so you have to use the boot delay some diesel cars need for the car to do its thing before the camera come online.
In general those first seconds don't worry me all that much, cuz for something to happen that fast it will probably be my own fault, like me reversing into something or out if front of something, and to be honest i don't need a reminder of that on video.
Always annoy the hell out of me when i have to add a clip of my own ineptitude in traffic to one of my youtube uploads, but of course i have to do that when i point my finger at other motorists.

Hmm, I might return the camera if that's the case. Those 15 seconds might be important... I've had many dashcam but none had that warning, Garmin should implement a way to disable it
It's up to you. 15-20 seconds is not a problem for me. I don't usually start the engine and hit the gas :)

For the record, it takes ~22 seconds to start recording if you don't acknowledge warning screen. Maybe @DashCamMan can add it to the specs.

Back